Thread: Repaint Car....who has experience....what to expect to pay???

Repaint Car....who has experience....what to expect to pay???

So, who has gone the route of having their car repainted?

How much did it cost?

Total strip down all removable parts and do it right? Or cheapo tape and spray?

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Had the front end painted after my encounter with the deer. $1800 out the door. But I had brand new primer-ed OEM fenders and hood installed. Shop said he had a guy sanding on my front bumper for 8h which he didn't charge extra for. Their ballpark estimate to shoot the entire car was closer to $5k (inc remove windows/trim/etc).
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

3-5k cheapo

5-7 done right

x2 for New York

I would piece the paint and only do the bad spots.

I was hoping to hear such numbers. I was told $5000 by the guy who did my bumper cover. He had other cars in the shop getting repainted. He removed everything that was removable and masked out and did a fantastic job on a few older mustangs. He actually told me he guarantees his paint jobs FOR LIFE....

Probably do it next summer if the car gives me a year of trouble free driving.

Mike
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

$6k, expensive quality paint, sure it would be worth it...you can make it Blue this time
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    I was hoping to hear such numbers. I was told $5000 by the guy who did my bumper cover. He had other cars in the shop getting repainted. He removed everything that was removable and masked out and did a fantastic job on a few older mustangs. He actually told me he guarantees his paint jobs FOR LIFE....

Mike
    Basically what a respected local shop told me also. Said type of paint drives price up, same as factory quality.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I was estimated close to $10k by a friend who does high end European stuff and I'm inclined to believe him if it is to be done right (though this may have included necessary body work - have a dented fender and door that would require replacement; probably $3k of that amount)...

Mike
    What is this "year of trouble free driving" you speak of?
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    What is this "year of trouble free driving" you speak of?
    LMAO! I got a whole 4 months after the oil leak repair! 8 months after the cam tensioners. Could have just skipped the inspection and tried to drive without a valid inspection and probably made it a year! GOD DAM MONEY PIT! LOL.

Clock is reset, I have new tires, new brakes, new rotors, fully functioning emissions system, new turbos, new o2 sensors, all new seals and a NEW CLOCK, I am good to go. I am one month into the Year of Mike. Can I make it!

No stinking paint until after the Year of Mike. It's Gas, Tires and Oil only. I got new tires, and maybe I'll skip the oil change since I only put on 5k miles since I got it changed with the engine pull.

Mike

Said New Clock! Ok I splurged.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8325 copy.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	18178

I put 200 dollars in both my RS6s in the last year.

Money pits x 2

LMAO! I got a whole 4 months after the oil leak repair! 8 months after the cam tensioners. Could have just skipped the inspection and tried to drive without a valid inspection and probably made it a year! GOD DAM MONEY PIT! LOL.

Clock is reset, I have new tires, new brakes, new rotors, fully functioning emissions system, new turbos, new o2 sensors, all new seals and a NEW CLOCK, I am good to go. I am one month into the Year of Mike. Can I make it!

No stinking paint until after the Year of Mike. It's Gas, Tires and Oil only. I got new tires, and maybe I'll skip the oil change since I only put on 5k miles since I got it changed with the engine pull.

Mike

Said New Clock! Ok I splurged.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8325 copy.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	18178