Thread: Forum Closed for the day????? Ghost town?????

Forum Closed for the day????? Ghost town?????

Hey!

Where did every one go?

I pick up my car Monday. All fixed.

Garage is all cleaned out and waiting.......

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Hi Mike

I have been detailing mine. They never break down so any free time is spent correcting paint.

Peeling off some 8yr old 3M clear bra and switching to Suntek clear bra

Doh

Mine needs some paint TLC. Have to get it repainted I think but going to start with just the passenger side front door which has bubbling paint on it. Dam it.....

Mike
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Sold mine! Why o why....
    # 904624

I meant my garage is all cleaned out and waiting for my RS6 to come home LOL.....but my guy knows the RS6 very well now....LMAO....GD money pit....should have traded it on the S8 I was looking at in 2013......dam it.....LOL....

Mike

Mine is in the shop getting overhaul, timing belt and any gasket that leaks. Oh what we have to go through to explain these expenses to the wife! Fortunately mine is a professional harpist, and we have 4 harps in the home. Why do we need so many? Why do I need the RS6? Discussion ends...
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post
    Mine is in the shop getting overhaul, timing belt and any gasket that leaks. Oh what we have to go through to explain these expenses to the wife! Fortunately mine is a professional harpist, and we have 4 harps in the home. Why do we need so many? Why do I need the RS6? Discussion ends...
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Uhhhh, my wife does not have 4 harps but how about two dogs? Got her a mini Golden-doodle to go with the Golden Retriever. Good thing I don't have any shop repair bills to explain. Just a BND order and some Audi parts invoices from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post

I have a list of things I've been slowly working on for the past month.

SJP gave up the ghost a while back finally got the time to pull the intake and relocate. Changed after run pump and leaky front cam seals. Water/meth injection going in since I have it in service position. Red top ignition coils and adapters (new plugs). Replaced all the vacuum lines again because blue clashed with the red coils. Miscellaneous interior fixes; saggy headliner (pita), reinstall boost gauge using new vent pod (http://www.projectb5.com/product/hp3...ds-single-dual). Finished RNS-E wiring to sharkfin and gauge cluster.

In no real rush plus it's been hot here lately.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    I have a list of things I've been slowly working on for the past month.

SJP gave up the ghost a while back finally got the time to pull the intake and relocate. Changed after run pump and leaky front cam seals. Water/meth injection going in since I have it in service position. Red top ignition coils and adapters (new plugs). Replaced all the vacuum lines again because blue clashed with the red coils. Miscellaneous interior fixes; saggy headliner (pita), reinstall boost gauge using new vent pod (http://www.projectb5.com/product/hp3...ds-single-dual). Finished RNS-E wiring to sharkfin and gauge cluster.

In no real rush plus it's been hot here lately.
    BUSY!! Lots of things to tinker with...where is after run pump located? Under intake if I recall....so you have the top of the engine off pretty much? Be careful with the injectors they break easily and cost $75 or so each.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    BUSY!! Lots of things to tinker with...where is after run pump located? Under intake if I recall....so you have the top of the engine off pretty much? Be careful with the injectors they break easily and cost $75 or so each.

Mike
    Engine is back together already. Lots of cursing figuring out how to angle it back into position. Should have done it when I had the motor out. Yep, after run pump is under the intake. No problems other than I accidentally punctured the coolant hose that feeds the turbos from under the intake. Luckily I was able to shorten the hose just slightly and made it work.

Spent the last week deciding how to mount the pump and tank in the trunk for the meth injection. Really no good spot.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory