Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rs6 part outs

Oh, I realize it is a PITA! Big one. I was just figuring the cars become worth more as parts than as running units.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Hey guys,
    its definitely a time consuming endeavour, but I've been parting c5s locally for the last 5 years to pay for my projects so it's something I'm used to. I think when you're debating whether or not to part your rs, you just have to consider your locale, access to shipping, access to resources/space needed for stripping the car to the bones, and the mileage and condition of your car--- it's also a great plus to have all the service records for your car so people can verify the condition and mileage on certain majors parts they need like a transmission or motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Oh, I realize it is a PITA! Big one. I was just figuring the cars become worth more as parts than as running units.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 11o7 View Post
    Hey guys,
    its definitely a time consuming endeavour, but I've been parting c5s locally for the last 5 years to pay for my projects so it's something I'm used to. I think when you're debating whether or not to part your rs, you just have to consider your locale, access to shipping, access to resources/space needed for stripping the car to the bones, and the mileage and condition of your car--- it's also a great plus to have all the service records for your car so people can verify the condition and mileage on certain majors parts they need like a transmission or motor.
    My car is running great but with "eventual transmission failure" always in my mind, I do not plan on any more repairs. It dies, it goes to the bone yard.

Mike
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

I've heard 11o7 guy is super rich and made fortune out if his partouts. He's Canadian elite and hangs with big shots every day! ��
    People who ask how much is someone pocketing out of partouts should part a car and see for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
    I've heard 11o7 guy is super rich and made fortune out if his partouts. He's Canadian elite and hangs with big shots every day! ��
    People who ask how much is someone pocketing out of partouts should part a car and see for themselves.

Lol! Yup! The Prime Minister and I are lunching on golden oysters tomorrow! Haha .

But all jokes aside, like many of you, I'm just a guy trying to build his dream car-- and since I've never had a chunk of expendable money/cars just lying around to buy and build up a manual Rs6 avant ... I part cars to help make the dream come true! And thankfully, my Rs6 avant project is on the hoist as we speak so my dream will hopefully be a reality in the coming days/weeks

Lol! Yup! The Prime Minister and I are lunching on golden oysters tomorrow! Haha .

But all jokes aside, like many of you, I'm just a guy trying to build his dream car-- and since I've never had a chunk of expendable money/cars just lying around to buy and build up a manual Rs6 avant ... I part cars to help make the dream come true! And thankfully, my Rs6 avant project is on the hoist as we speak so my dream will hopefully be a reality in the coming days/weeks
    Nice, can't wait to see your project completed for sure! I have to look at your parts list once again and see what i might need. The grille you sent me a while back worked out perfectly!

Perhaps you could arrange for some bad oysters then!!

lol! hahahahahha

This thread is closed. You are not allowed to make fun of Canadians. They are the most peaceful people on the planet. Shameful making fun of a outstanding aristocrat such as the young and handsome accomplished young man who failed out of engineering school after one year and went on to a master's degree program in Environmental Geography but quit that too. Wait what has he accomplished? NOTHING. FUCNKING NOTHING. He is his father's son and became PM because he's so dam Cute! WTF? Nice going Canada!

They have a great national anthem!
    '02 RS6 Avant conversion
    '03 S8 Avus
    '89 964