My S6 wagon no longer shifts in 'tip' mode. It upshifts find in D and in S also, and will downshift as you slow down and come to a stop. The D no longer lights up on the sash when the shifter is in D and none of the numbers 1-5 light up when shifter moved to tip. Also, I don't believe this is a TCU limp mode trait as the PRNDS isn't lit up like an Xmas tree.

ow before you automatically say it's the shifter, and/or the magnets in the shifter - it's not.... I tore the shifter base apart and both magnets were in place. I cleaned it, reassiembled, and still no tip. I then decided to pull the shifter base from one of my RS6's that guaranteed works and swap them between cars and the one from the RS6 doesn't remedy the problem. The shifter base from the S6 works fine in the RS6....

So??? What is the next thing to check?? I suppose I could check fluid and connectors under the car, but that will have to wait until tomorrow when the car is cooler. I also have no ability to scan tonight, so will need to wait until tomororw also. In the mean time, any insight?