Thread: Removing and replacing these vinyl paint guards

Removing and replacing these vinyl paint guards

These have dried out and look like shite. Options please!

I removed mine (very carefully with a heat gun) and then had new applied. You are going to want some protective film in these areas, if not you'll get peppered with rock/debris nicks and scuffs.

Yea I had my detailer remove them but I did research before as if I was going to do it, and if I remember it is heat and then actually pull down and away not up and back.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

what product did you reapply? Is there anything pre cut or do I try to pick some xpel sheets?

I need to replace these on mine and audi dealer says no longer available. What are the viable alternatives folks are using , links appreciated
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Sorry for the lack of links. We are traveling in the RV

any shop that does clear bra can slap a piece on in literally 3 minutes. I have posted my setup several times

my replacement sheets cover the leading edge of the rear wheel arch and combined with the front arch coverage I don't have any rock chips.

There are actually two pieces per side, the smaller pieces that tuck under the rocker are still available... my plan is to carefully remove mine and make a template from it that can then be cut from the heavy duty 3m film. The standard clear bra film is NOT thick enough in my opinion.

stephen
    Last edited by Stephencl; July 6th, 2017 at 06:38.

They make different thickness film for clear bra.

I should stop calling it 3M because I have switched to Suntek self healing film years ago. 3M had too much orange peel.

I dont like the stock size because it lacks coverage on the fender flare. I make a piece that provides full coverage