Thread: Sell the Beast after 11 years?

Sell the Beast after 11 years?

Well after 11 years of ownership I am thinking about selling my baby. I have a few questions for you guys before I do.

1) What are they going for these days? - Currently under 100K miles and just have $12k of work done in Dec to really cover all engine and mechanicals.
    2) I have front right fender damage (wife backed into the fender) should I fix it? In other words is it worth it? If it is I will do it.
    3) I have one of the lip spoilers should I have it mounted or sell it separately?

Am I crazy for selling it?
    In case you are wondering I am getting a custom Land Rover Defender 110 from Eastcoastdefender.com
    Thanks
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

You must fix the fender and repaint the entire car Daytona Grey before you can sell it!

JK

Sell as is..... ?$8,500 to $10,000 perhaps a little more.

Mike

Photograph damage your wife did and make prints for future reminder! LOL I.E. Get out of Jail Free Card!
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Ha. The full body repaint will have to wait

I spent more on the engine maintenance than that

I think buying the new car put me in a bigger dog house
    Stuart
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

If you just put 12k into it, you will be disappointed by what people are offering.

Maybe I will just hold on to it and save it for fun days. Or give it to my 15 year old when he is of age. What could go wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy312 View Post
    If you just put 12k into it, you will be disappointed by what people are offering.
    tell me about it buddy!
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WfbhHVN0NWg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WfbhHVN0NWg

The more I see these values drop, the more I think it's just going to be like "The Last Samurai" where everyone is mowed down with machine guns until there is only one left, and finally then it will be revered.

Yea I figured the prices would stabilize and eventually rebound. Oh well.

If it's maintained it will bring money.

If no records and sitting at some car lot? Well then no.

Yea you kind of have to do everything, trim pieces perfect, headliner etc. Speaking from the things on my list to get it to a top dollar car even though mine is mechanically perfect right now minus I could do intercoolers.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    If it's maintained it will bring money.

If no records and sitting at some car lot? Well then no.
    DHall,

You CLEARLY need to buy his to add to your collection.

Mike

I have been to the Hotel California 6 too many times already.

3 in the house now. All running. Lol

2 of them are never leaving my grasp. #3 is essentially a parts car in the case something happens to 1 or 2.

I gotta draw the line there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    DHall,

You CLEARLY need to buy his to add to your collection.

Mike

I feel like my folder containing every service receipt from new including window sticker is worth more than the actual car lol. Funny that I just popped onto this thread; my wife and I were just talking about how some people sell broken stuff, and how we can't in good conscience sell anything unless it's in its best possible condition. That's how my RS6 avoided the auction block; I decided to sell it, went about performing maintenance to get it up to snuff....then found that with everything fully sorted, I liked driving it too much to sell.

Not gonna lie, we have been blown away by the new Mercedes E63S - the one with the S-Class interior. We rented an S-Class for two weeks while house shopping in Las Vegas and all those gizmos were very nice to have. Combine that with AWD and 600hp...anyways, I can't rationalize buying a new Mercedes, the way they depreciate. By the time the factory warranty is up I'd have lost at least $50k in value, probably more. Why spend $130k for something that has neat technology but at the core is for all intents and purposes only marginally better than something I already own? I'd have to get out of the super sedan game completely to really justify selling my RS6.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Not the S version but my 13 E63 has been a blast to spin as a daily. It's the closest feel to a new RS6 sedan in size and performance. Don't anyone say new S6 or RS7....S6 is too soft and RS7 is a bigger car.

At the 3yr point the money is 40 cents on the dollar. So 60k loss in value in 3yrs.

20k/yr for the first 3. I'll take that to the bank anytime.....that is the point I jump on.

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    I feel like my folder containing every service receipt from new including window sticker is worth more than the actual car lol. Funny that I just popped onto this thread; my wife and I were just talking about how some people sell broken stuff, and how we can't in good conscience sell anything unless it's in its best possible condition. That's how my RS6 avoided the auction block; I decided to sell it, went about performing maintenance to get it up to snuff....then found that with everything fully sorted, I liked driving it too much to sell.

Not gonna lie, we have been blown away by the new Mercedes E63S - the one with the S-Class interior. We rented an S-Class for two weeks while house shopping in Las Vegas and all those gizmos were very nice to have. Combine that with AWD and 600hp...anyways, I can't rationalize buying a new Mercedes, the way they depreciate. By the time the factory warranty is up I'd have lost at least $50k in value, probably more. Why spend $130k for something that has neat technology but at the core is for all intents and purposes only marginally better than something I already own? I'd have to get out of the super sedan game completely to really justify selling my RS6.
    Last edited by DHall1; June 17th, 2017 at 17:41.

right then, I'll be looking at lease returns for the E63S in three years
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo