Thread: Odyssey PC925

Odyssey PC925

Got this thing and went to hook it up. How the heck!? Is it too small? Do you guys just move the ground? I just assumed it was somewhat normal sized, not looking at the dimensions - dope. Or did I screw up and order the PC925 when I should have ordered the PC925T, is one bigger?
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    Got this thing and went to hook it up. How the heck!? Is it too small? Do you guys just move the ground? I just assumed it was somewhat normal sized, not looking at the dimensions - dope. Or did I screw up and order the PC925 when I should have ordered the PC925T, is one bigger?
    this is a great battery and lots of power for the car. yes you need to get a longer ground cable and minor fab work is needed to make a bracket to secure it, totally worthwhile mod.
    2010 XC90 exec, winter machine (V8 of course)
    2004 RS6 official Canadian edition, Daytona grey, (best colour!), summer edition
    2011 Q7 TDI, general alrounder

I just fabricated an Aluminum hold down and use it in the stock location. I do have the 925T. One may have the positive and negative posts reverse, some of the Odyssey's give you a choice. I didn't modify any thing in the car, stock cables. It will need a battery tender if you're going to let it set for more than about a week, maybe a few days less in real cold weather. Saves about 40#'s over stock.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I use two PC925s in parallel - they're in the sides of the rear of the trunk, in the little cubbies where you access the rear light bulbs. This allowed me to remove the battery tray, which wasn't as easy as it looked - it took a lot of grinding to get it out. I got an A6 trunk carpet and so I have full use of my trunk and didn't have to give up my spare tire. If I haven't driven the car in more than a month, it starts, but the batteries are definitely weak, so having a battery tender around is essential.

I did this swap 6 years ago and after about 20k miles, they're still perfectly good.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

If I'm not mistaken the battery you guys are discussing has about 330 CCA, when the stock battery replacement is recommended at 850+ CCA. How has this not caused issues?

I've been using my 925T for 10yrs and no issues. I think the actual Cold cranking amp for the OEM are 760 but the Pulse CCA on the 925 is 900 amps for 5 seconds. If you have to crank for more than a couple of seconds you have other problems. Yes, they don't have the storage capacity as has been discussed but if you are not driving your car regularly just leave it on a battery tender. Depending on what you want it's not for everyone. Between my Forged wheels, 925T, removing DRC, spare tire, etc... you can easily save 150+lbs. For some of us, every little bit helps. Now if I can just shave off that 20lbs I'll be happier.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Sorry delinquent on my own post. I'll add a pic to this on how I did the setup and you guys can beat me up, haha. I moved the ground to the middle side screw for the now non used clamp down bracket. And then this is what I'll like your honest opinion on...i pushed it into the corner of the tray so I have good left to right stability, but then I ran two velcro straps over and under the tray to hold it in place...you'll see in the pic. I think it is a pretty acceptable rig up job, but I'll let you guys opine when the pic is up.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.

It sucks since this site started getting blocked by google.

Alright guys here is the pic of my setup haha
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170608_212438_1497576677390_resized.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	18074

a search will turn up pics of my setup. getting rid of that battery tray was the best mod I have done to my car, period.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

One of those changes I can't do here. Totally useless battery in cold weather. lol
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

kistmetcapitan would definitely be interested in seeing your setup. So annoying that we have such a large trunk and it's largely useless because of that battery box. My friend with an A8L has the same issue; there's a bloody refrigerator in his trunk!!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold