Thread: Anyone have insight/pics on reattaching the driver's side interior door handle pull

Anyone have insight/pics on reattaching the driver's side interior door handle pull

Went to open the door last night and felt it let go. I have had the door apart on C4 cars many many times... wondering how much I have to take apart to get to it. Figure there are the normal hidden fasteners, etc.

Also wondering if it is likely that it just let go and needs to be reattached and possibly adjusted, or whether there is a clip like the C4 that might have come free.

I have some free garage space next weekend so I plan to fix it, but if anyone has any pics from Bentley or thoughts/BTDT advice on it, greatly appreciated. (would be good to know if I should order anything in advance or if likely just came loose) I'll take some pics as I do it for documentation purposes.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by urs6ville; April 21st, 2017 at 00:21.
    RS6 904747 | Daytona - Black | 10SecTune | Milltek Cat Back | Gutt'd DPs | trans tune | OEM RS4 wheels

Door panels come off very easily. Just one (or two?) screws and then lift up on the panel and it will lift right off. You should then be able to see what happened to your handle.

You likely have a failed door linkage. It's a wire cable within a sheath similar to a bicycle brake cable, and it likely snapped. You will need a replacement - which is really easy to DIY.

Door car comes off easily.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I had mine all apart to replace the clock mechanism ( microswitch failed). It was no big deal.

Two screws to release door panel. Then lift off rail on top near window, lean outward, and you can see what you need to.

(My new microswitch failed about a month later GOD DAM IT).

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

awesome. shit, sounds much easier than doors from pervious audis. I'll find the part numbers of order everything up and just replace.

Thanks
    RS6 904747 | Daytona - Black | 10SecTune | Milltek Cat Back | Gutt'd DPs | trans tune | OEM RS4 wheels

cable ordered. tracked down a friend's bentley manual. the one thing I can't find a pic/ref for is how to get to the other end of the cable (the end to the latch mech)... is that easily accessible after removing the door card? Anyone have a pic?

Thanks

It's simple. The end at the latch has an offset clip that you insert through the hole in the latch arm so that when you rotate the cable in line and clip in to place it is held firmly in place. It's obvious when you see it. Less than a minute to swap once you have the door card off.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down