Thread: Anybody have the PN or a fix for lower door trim exterior?

Anybody have the PN or a fix for lower door trim exterior?

Driver's side is a bit loose. Yes dirty car
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	165301621.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	18005
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	165301624.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	119.4 KB 
ID:	18006
    AMD C5 RS6 6-speed swap, PSS9s, 4:1 Center Diff, 515/635 pump/meth tune - RS6/K04 Turbos
    AMD B5 S4 Laser Avant 6-speed, Stage 3///AMD C5 Allroad 6-speed swap///AMD B5 S4 3L Built with 770XR

I had one repaired under CPO a long time ago and the dealer just used some adhesive.
    03 Audi RS6
    99 Porsche 996 Carrera
    01 Audi S4 Casa Avant
    95 Audi S6 Avant SOLD
    95 Audi S6 rs2'd SOLD
    01 A6 2.7T SOLD

Mine just came loose a couple of weeks ago & I am trying to fix it with adhesive. We'll see how it holds- surely there is something that will work.
    2003 RS6 - Avus Silver Pearl - Ebony Interior - Warm Weather Package - Carbon Fiber - ACE TC - SE Exhaust

I used Gorilla glue a year ago and it's been fine ever since. Glued it, taped it overnight. Boom. Perfect!

Happened to mine, actually was like when I got. I took apart, it is a really poor design for its exposed position on the car - being lowest part of door that will hit curb, grass or whatever if door opened and then person gets in and car lowers a bit for weight and door bottoms out then pull on door any and its gonna F it up. If you haven't investigated, it has plasti-welded little real specifically shaped plastic tabs on the trim piece that slide into slots on door, pushing trim piece back to front then a screw in front and back, and those little tabs break off then nothing to hold in slot and can't replace the tabs bc they are plasti-welded onto larger trim backing. I used 3M double sided foam core emblem attachment tape and carefully slide remaining unbroken tabs into place and then press down on outside to get tape to hold once into final position, kind of tricky bc tape will want to start to hold and grab as you are sliding piece into final position, should clean all tape areas with rubbing alcohol first to get good adhesion. I didn't want to permanently glue bc want be able to remove for whatever reason future paint etc., but that tape is strong as sh-t and will definitely take some doing and heat to ever get piece back off, just need remember / take note that - that is how it was reattached or one would think its permanently bonded / glued into place. Thought about some good thin face real hook&loop adhesive backed Velcro instead of super tape which would have probably been a better option for future disassembly, but used what I had at hand = super tape.

Used a silicone. Working great so far!

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    I used Gorilla glue a year ago and it's been fine ever since. Glued it, taped it overnight. Boom. Perfect!
    AMD C5 RS6 6-speed swap, PSS9s, 4:1 Center Diff, 515/635 pump/meth tune - RS6/K04 Turbos
    AMD B5 S4 Laser Avant 6-speed, Stage 3///AMD C5 Allroad 6-speed swap///AMD B5 S4 3L Built with 770XR