Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Merits of an RS6 Daily Driver

Hello OneBayShop,

I see you are looking for an RS6. I have a Black/white interior RS6 w/ only 67k, clean title, transferable warranty, brand new tranny/TC and 15k of recent work (have all receipts). It's well sorted out and I'm considering putting it on the market soon. Message me for full details.

I am taking mine to Quattro de Mayo then I may be looking to sell. I agree unless you have a full shop and ample spare time buying a project with intent to swap will be a long road. Unless you get the car for next to nothing you will be far ahead buying a converted car.

Just buy fastguy's car and be done with it, you're getting a deal with his. Lots of work done and a great value.
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Quote Originally Posted by s8prtotype View Post
    Just buy fastguy's car and be done with it, you're getting a deal with his. Lots of work done and a great value.
    It looks awesome. But at $28k I'd be buying a track car, not a commuter.
    1962 Chevy C10 w/ 401 Buick Nailhead
    1955 Chrysler C300 w/ factory 331 Hemi
    1999 Infiniti I30..............One of these is not like the others.

Looks like there are plenty of nice examples available. Shouldn't be too hard to find the right fit for my use.

Second question for the board: Some of the cars available mention that the transmission was replaced/repaired while under warranty. Are the replacements improved over the originals? specifically, if I get a car that has had the transmission replaced with another auto, is it likely to have more issues after another 100k miles?

(I don't know the failure mode of the original transmission and I'm trying to better understand how to compare the available cars.)

Most have better luck with new/rebuilt auto boxes, but there still a weak link.

Good luck, I absolutely love my RS, but I dont daily mine anymore. They are great cars as long as your aware of what your getting into.

Theres a few of us in the SW WA area to lend a helping hand as well.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Thanks kruat. I keep learning and looking. My initial skepticism of fastguy's car has worn off. The more I learn the more I value a vehicle that has been taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    Most have better luck with new/rebuilt auto boxes, but there still a weak link.

Good luck, I absolutely love my RS, but I dont daily mine anymore. They are great cars as long as your aware of what your getting into.

Theres a few of us in the SW WA area to lend a helping hand as well.

AMD is in Woodinville and was just in there today for a few little repairs. There were three modded RS6's including mine. One is fully built and should be up over 700 whp when it's all done. A lot of folks ship their cars in from all over the country so Jason can tune/built/set straight their cars. Mostly B5S4's, he just tuned a 2013 s6 (stage one is around 550/650!!!), some Porsches, lots of the 5 cyl turbo Audi's, lot's of B7RS4s, etc etc. Just saying if you need advice or want to do the swap he's your guy! Here is good too of course
    I've had mine a little over two weeks and have already put almost 1500 miles on it. Up to Whistler and back and over to Ellensburg/Yakima a few times. I bought it with the swap already done but had considered buying a stock car and having AMD do the conversion. I'm a little intimidated by the maintenance schedule on these but it's not much different than the B5S4's I own and still love. Anyway, the PNW has a strong RS6 contingent!

https://www.fastaudi.com/
    AMD C5 RS6 6-speed swap, PSS9s, 4:1 Center Diff, 515/635 pump/meth tune - RS6/K04 Turbos
    AMD B5 S4 Laser Avant 6-speed, Stage 3///AMD C5 Allroad 6-speed swap///AMD B5 S4 3L Built with 770XR

You might also want to look into 6 spd stage 3 allroads. I know of at least one excellent example for sale (not mine lol) and much cheaper than a manual swapped rs6. I have owned both and I find the allroad much more practical with 2 kids. Trunk space is limited in the rs6 due to the battery placement. I actually found the rs6 automatic to be quite good compared to Audi's other ZF boxes. Then there is always the S6 avant to RS6 swap, which is the new "IT" project for the diehards.
    03 Audi RS6
    99 Porsche 996 Carrera
    01 Audi S4 Casa Avant
    95 Audi S6 Avant SOLD
    95 Audi S6 rs2'd SOLD
    01 A6 2.7T SOLD

FWIW, for maybe $3-6K more, you could buy a C7 S6, 10 years newer, lower miles, faster, more reliable, less expensive to maintain...

No manual transmission, and ..."it's no RS6...", but I'd argue that it's much more suitable as a DD. Here's one example:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5345/overview/

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53930be8cf91490ecb101c2b273.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	17991  

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    FWIW, for maybe $3-6K more, you could buy a C7 S6, 10 years newer, lower miles, faster, more reliable, less expensive to maintain...

No manual transmission, and ..."it's no RS6...", but I'd argue that it's much more suitable as a DD. Here's one example:

100% agree. For 30k you can get into a D4 4.0t A8 or C7 S6.
    03 Audi RS6
    99 Porsche 996 Carrera
    01 Audi S4 Casa Avant
    95 Audi S6 Avant SOLD
    95 Audi S6 rs2'd SOLD
    01 A6 2.7T SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by AMDRS6 View Post
    AMD is in Woodinville and was just in there today for a few little repairs. There were three modded RS6's including mine. One is fully built and should be up over 700 whp when it's all done. A lot of folks ship their cars in from all over the country so Jason can tune/built/set straight their cars. Mostly B5S4's, he just tuned a 2013 s6 (stage one is around 550/650!!!), some Porsches, lots of the 5 cyl turbo Audi's, lot's of B7RS4s, etc etc. Just saying if you need advice or want to do the swap he's your guy! Here is good too of course
    I've had mine a little over two weeks and have already put almost 1500 miles on it. Up to Whistler and back and over to Ellensburg/Yakima a few times. I bought it with the swap already done but had considered buying a stock car and having AMD do the conversion. I'm a little intimidated by the maintenance schedule on these but it's not much different than the B5S4's I own and still love. Anyway, the PNW has a strong RS6 contingent!

Did you get any more details on the 700whp car? I spoke with Jason a while back, and he mentioned they were working on a big turbo option for swapped cars. I wonder if this one has that kit.

I was behind a C7 S6 at a stop light yesterday. Almost ran up and asked the driver how they liked it. Then I saw an Allroad in the parking lot and was debating staking it out to ask the owner if they enjoyed driving it. From aesthetics, I'd go Allroad before C7 S6, and RS6 above them all. I haven't hunted down any manual allroads yet, but may try to test drive one.

It is that kit and it is coming a long nicely, finally. It looks great and the wire harness is all customized. It's the Tial 880s turbos that will go in there.
    AMD C5 RS6 6-speed swap, PSS9s, 4:1 Center Diff, 515/635 pump/meth tune - RS6/K04 Turbos
    AMD B5 S4 Laser Avant 6-speed, Stage 3///AMD C5 Allroad 6-speed swap///AMD B5 S4 3L Built with 770XR

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post

AMD stage one Flash for these is over 500whp and 600wtq. I was at the shop the other day when he was dynoing one. Insane numbers on stock exhaust and stock turbos. Super nice car too. I might have to get into one in a year or so.

AMD stage one Flash for these is over 500whp and 600wtq. I was at the shop the other day when he was dynoing one. Insane numbers on stock exhaust and stock turbos. Super nice car too. I might have to get into one in a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDRS6 View Post

Hey AMDRS6, do you daily driver your manual converted RS6, or is it a weekend car?

I'm glad there is a good contingent of RS6 folks in the PNW.

I just got it less than three weeks ago and have put almost 2k miles on it. I don't plan on using it as a DD, just a freeway car when I head to eastern WA for work and car meets. I won't take it into Seattle since it has a very touchy stage 4 clutch. (I live in Issaquah)

Welcome, get the RS6 and you will be happy, those cars are amazing. Unlike your plans, i do not daily drive mine, but i do drive it often and get on it for sure, they need it and love it really. I do not see where daily driving those would be a problem, and as long as you keep your maintenance up to date, especially with the timing belt, you will be just fine. Hope to see you on this board with one soon!