Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Whooo' Under Throttle

Thanks I'll check those. Probably swap out just to be safe and potentially have extras. Just got a new axle hub last night, hoping to install it soon. Will report.

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    Diverter valves can also cause the whoooo noise FYI,
    AMD C5 RS6 6-speed swap, PSS9s, 4:1 Center Diff, 515/635 pump/meth tune - RS6/K04 Turbos
    AMD B5 S4 Laser Avant 6-speed, Stage 3///AMD C5 Allroad 6-speed swap///AMD B5 S4 3L Built with 770XR

It's definitely a boost leak. I swapped in a new axle knuckle and that didn't fix it (boot was torn anyway)

So next is inspecting/replacing DV's and after that not sure, just poke around for a good ol' boost leak! I already checked IC hoses and turbo hoses. I hope it's the DV's, it sure messes with the meth system and makes the car feel like it's gonna blow. Been running with it off mostly. It needs a few other things so will probably drop it off at AMD and let them figure it out.
    AMD C5 RS6 6-speed swap, PSS9s, 4:1 Center Diff, 515/635 pump/meth tune - RS6/K04 Turbos
    AMD B5 S4 Laser Avant 6-speed, Stage 3///AMD C5 Allroad 6-speed swap///AMD B5 S4 3L Built with 770XR