Thread: Web browser warning from RS6.com

Web browser warning from RS6.com

I have been getting a warning about this site trying to take personal info from my computer.
    Any idea what is going on??

Mike

Using iPhone to post.
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

This site has been corrupted for years it seems, tough to say how malicious. I think it's some of the sketchy ad plugins, but the address has also been highjacked by spam companies. Also antiquated forum code could upset the updated browsers. I'd like to clean it up someday, maybe Erik will work with some of us on it...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I am getting the same report. I increased the security on my Mac and I get a big red screen warning me of phishing. I was also contacted by my internet vendor they'd noted some unusual activity.

This should really be addressed!
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Same here. It's been doing this off and on for a long while.

Admin - please address this! Thx.

I have flagged this to Erik a few times to no avail. I can't even log in to the site from my office any more as it's black listed. I can't access on my iPhone or Apple related products without acknowledging it's a phishing site. It sometimes redirects also. I access it on an old desktop machine all the time now.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Administrator
    It has been flagged by google a few times before.

The ad's on the site are from google.

Now google claims that there's some strange redirect happening, but I cant find anything out of the ordinary - except from the expected redirect from www.rs6.com/ to www.rs6.com/content.php
    Adding a nice little signature

ABP here, never seen an ad. Or a warning.

Seems OK now, Firefox and Chrome on Windows were reporting issues before.

Quote Originally Posted by dstr View Post
    Now google claims that there's some strange redirect happening, but I cant find anything out of the ordinary - except from the expected redirect from www.rs6.com/ to www.rs6.com/content.php
    The "malicious" redirect happens when searching from google (maybe other search engines too, I haven't tried). Clicking on a link in the search results sometimes redirects you to some advertisement page. And of course now that I tried to get a screenshot of it I can't get it to happen.

just tried again today and my mac did not warn me about the site. ... so what ever bug was there is gone again.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,