Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Have we seen the best of Audi?

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    I was looking at the new S5, don't care for the hood design, but I'd have to see one in person.

Still would like an RS5.......

Mike
    If only it had a manual and the twin turbo V8 from the S6 or S7.

Upcoming RS5 will do 0-62 in 3.9 seconds; holy crap!!!

I will say now that Audi has gone more mainstream, their special models seem less special. Especially if you spend any time in a major suburban area; in Boston I would see an RS5 or RS7 at least once a week. I still see RS6's once in a while albeit considerably less frequently; I think I have seen maybe five or six since buying my car in 2013. I feel the same with BMW's; there's an M3 or M5 sighting almost weekly. My mind tells me I should buy an Aston Martin if I want something really rare... still can't find that elusive '07/08 DB9 Sports Pack with manual trans...
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    Upcoming RS5 will do 0-62 in 3.9 seconds; holy crap!!!...
    I wouldn't be surprised if it tests at more like 3.7, hella quick either way.

I have not seen a single RS6 in my area in 5 years but arcleast 2 RS7s
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Saw that...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I'm going to guess that this diesel fiasco killed Audi's endurance racing program?

I'll be honest; I'm far more concerned about how this might affect Ducati and Ducati's MotoGP/World Superbike racing budgets. It's unlikely I'll be shopping for an Audi (or perhaps any car at all) anytime soon, but I buy a new Ducati every two years. They've reached very un-Italian levels of reliability, low maintenance, and build quality; it'd be a shame to see that all fall apart.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Dam, you are reading my mind.(response to the RS5 comment above) (I have not issue with a nice dual clutch auto though).

Mike
    Last edited by Aronis; March 16th, 2017 at 18:13.
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

I guess Jaguar listened

2018 XF Sportbrake

AoA what a bunch of a$$hats

Out goes the SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Never going to happen.

We beg for any current production S or RS Avant and we all get the middle finger.

I tried the SQ5 with poor results. I'll never make that mistake again. Target income for the typical SQ5 buyer? 180k. Blah blah blah AoA. I don't even drive mine

As I sit here and watch E63 AMG wagons command 20k over the sedans and MB continue to supply wagons.

I guess we know what that means.

not gonna lie, to me Mercedes has the most compelling lineup currently of the big 3 German luxury makes. BMW disappoints every time I test drive one, no matter how much I want to love it. And ironically it's the AMG cars that have the sound and edginess that I'd have expected from an RS model.

My concerns with Dieselgate remain apart from Audi's product planning - watching 24 hours of Le Mans last weekend felt truly empty with Audi missing. And the rumors that VAG is exploring the possibility of selling off Ducati...their quality and product lineup has improved dramatically since Audi took over ownership. Ducati's flagship superbikes were once vicious machines that really only ran well on the track; in the city random sudden stalling and left-hand cramps from the racing dry clutch used to be part of the "Italian character" inherent in the riding experience. My Audi-era Ducatis have every bit of potency on the track yet are perfectly usable as city commuters, and my 200+ horsepower Panigale has been as reliable as a Toyota Camry. No Ducatista wants to see Ducati sold off.

In any event, my opinion is that Audi's lineup would be just as staid without the diesel scandal. Much has to do with styling, and we can blame the Koreans (well other Koreans, not me lol) for that - Kia poached Audi's Peter Schreyer (the man who penned the design of our RS6s) and whoever took over hasn't really inspired me visually. Kia's remain mediocre cars but they look pretty decent now, so to me it's plainly evident where the styling talent went.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Uhhhh

Kia Stinger GT

All I need to say

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    not gonna lie, to me Mercedes has the most compelling lineup currently of the big 3 German luxury makes. BMW disappoints every time I test drive one, no matter how much I want to love it. And ironically it's the AMG cars that have the sound and edginess that I'd have expected from an RS model.

My concerns with Dieselgate remain apart from Audi's product planning - watching 24 hours of Le Mans last weekend felt truly empty with Audi missing. And the rumors that VAG is exploring the possibility of selling off Ducati...their quality and product lineup has improved dramatically since Audi took over ownership. Ducati's flagship superbikes were once vicious machines that really only ran well on the track; in the city random sudden stalling and left-hand cramps from the racing dry clutch used to be part of the "Italian character" inherent in the riding experience. My Audi-era Ducatis have every bit of potency on the track yet are perfectly usable as city commuters, and my 200+ horsepower Panigale has been as reliable as a Toyota Camry. No Ducatista wants to see Ducati sold off.

In any event, my opinion is that Audi's lineup would be just as staid without the diesel scandal. Much has to do with styling, and we can blame the Koreans (well other Koreans, not me lol) for that - Kia poached Audi's Peter Schreyer (the man who penned the design of our RS6s) and whoever took over hasn't really inspired me visually. Kia's remain mediocre cars but they look pretty decent now, so to me it's plainly evident where the styling talent went.