Thread: BACK In The Beast

BACK In The Beast

Hey everyone, It feels good to be back in a RS6 as I just bought my second one a couple months ago and was lucky enough to find a beautiful Avus Silver one with only 63,000. The first one I owned few years a ago had 115,000 when I bought it and sold it a couple years later with 138,000. I decided to only sell cause I was worried about having issues at the higher mileage and not having a warranty on it. I absolutely loved that car and missed the the day after I sold it. It was so fun to drive with the Revo stage 1 tune, looked great and really liked the sound of it especially after I put on the full Non Res Milltek exhaust system. So I went out and bought a 2010 BMW X5 M and went to town modifying it to make it into a monster and it was. I did a Velos Stage 2 + tune , Active Autowerks catless down pipes, Fabspeed Supercup exhaust and a bunch of interior and exterior upgrades. Also very fun to drive, tons of HP and torque but was almost to much and was very loud which was cool at first but then was a little ridiculous after that. After going through some personal things that changed my financial situation I ended up having to sell it and knew there was only one car I would want after selling it and that was obviously the RS6. I plan on doing another Milltek exhaust and tune it again but not sure if I should do another one from Revo or a different company. I have thought about doing catless downpipes but I hear the labor would make it a very expensive job so we will see if I want to venture down that road. Anyways glad to be back on this forum and appreciate how helpful all of you are on here with your feedback and information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 3.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	17871   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 4.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	17872   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 6.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	17873   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS 6 5.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	17874  

Great looking ride!

1, don't get a Revo tune...they run lean and hot, no goood, luckily I was able to search forever and find fueling software to piggy back onto my Revo and make things nice and rich.

2, going catless on the DP's requires custom tune to code out the rear O2 sensors, so find a good custom tuner. Labor is a biatch too...as mentioned.

3, enjoy!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Great find! Sounds like we are on the same page as far as mods go. Really want the downpipes and then custom exhaust tubing back to my Milltek mufflers.
    03 RS6 Misano Red / Ebony - #905040 - In for the shit show

Whats another tuner you would recommend? I have seen lots of people using REVO and even in last months Audi Magazine they are one of the go to Tuners and used on a number of cars even from Milltek. I have also heard of MTM and APR being pretty good as well. If I was going to do catless downpipes I would want to get a similar tune that I had on my X5 M that had the downpipe option so the CEL light wouldn't come on.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Great looking ride!

1, don't get a Revo tune...they run lean and hot, no goood, luckily I was able to search forever and find fueling software to piggy back onto my Revo and make things nice and rich.

2, going catless on the DP's requires custom tune to code out the rear O2 sensors, so find a good custom tuner. Labor is a biatch too...as mentioned.

3, enjoy!