Thread: Do I need a tune ?

Do I need a tune ?

Per previous post I am looking to install a set of piggies and I was curious if I would need to do a tune modification. I'm currently running an APR tune. Just want to extend a grateful thanks to all the members who have been kind enough to answer my numerous questions. Be safe.

No tune but you will need to delete rear o2 sensors or get a cel and not pass any emissions testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
    No tune but you will need to delete rear o2 sensors or get a cel and not pass any emissions testing.
    You delete the rear o2 sensors (besides physically) by modifying your current tune, and this will make sure there is not a cel.

So yes, you would need to have your APR tune adjusted by an APR dealer. You could just look at just coding out, our could adjust some performance too if you wanted.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

You can get ABT just with ABT exhaust system and tuning box, it can easy be 700 hp, stock downpipes

Quote Originally Posted by Tadas1978 View Post
    You can get ABT just with ABT exhaust system and tuning box, it can easy be 700 hp, stock downpipes
    Please don't post this garbage here, we all know getting anywhere over 550 will take plenty of other mods.

Edit; you must be talking C7 RS6 by your other post, makes sense. Notice that this thread C5 RS6, basically all C5's on here.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Lol don't be so old fashioned, c5 already died, get at least c6

Ha, I wish, almost all of us on this forum are in the U.S., we only got the C5...there are a few crazy Europeans on here too.

Lol, in USA u can't get even c6? What a idiotic country u live in

Wow, that's just mean! There are too many cars we don't get to sample here, but it still is the best country on the planet! HA!

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Wow, that's just mean! There are too many cars we don't get to sample here, but it still is the best country on the planet! HA!

Mike
    yea best country with cars from 1970 lol

I suppose you you have a cls550 that can kick the crap out of our C5 RS6s too.

yea best country with cars from 1970 lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warning idiot.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	17903
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down