Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower engine ?

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I would recommend just lowering the rear as Fastguy said but you still need to loosen the front bolts a bit and then remove the rear ones. You need to support the transmission/engine as you do this or you will overstrain those front bolts. Audi say's the engine cradle bolts are stretch bolts and must be replaced so re-use at your own risk. You can get a decent angle on the nuts with the rear lowered to remove the downpipes. Obviously unbolt the exhaust at the main Cats first. I have a lift so it isn't too difficult, I couldn't imagine trying to do it on Jackstands but it could probably be done.
    I'm not doing DP. Need to do a slave cylinder and figured if it's not a crazy amount of work to lower the motor a little I might do that to make it easier to access.

With the extra room around the manual transmission, lowering the rear should be plenty good.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Egt in that removing primary cats as he was speaking of "piggies" drastically reduces exhaust gad temperatures. Nothing implying removal of the sensors themselves. Lower temps= happier and healthier car especially when considering turbo life. Still have egt sensor and watched temps drop 400 degrees in my logs with open pipes!

I changed my slave cylinder in just this manner. If I recall it wasn't that bad. I decided to go with a metal slave and braided line

Quote Originally Posted by UrS6 View Post
    I'm not doing DP. Need to do a slave cylinder and figured if it's not a crazy amount of work to lower the motor a little I might do that to make it easier to access.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
    I changed my slave cylinder in just this manner. If I recall it wasn't that bad. I decided to go with a metal slave and braided line
    Doing the same

I also went with the OEM metal slave and the braided line from USP Motorsports.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA