Thread: RNS-E compatibility ?

RNS-E compatibility ?

Can anyone tell me if this is an RNS-E and a plug-and-play on the RS6? It is currently on a 2005 Allroad, and I am not sure whether it is original or installed later on.
    Thank you in advance!

Contact ZAWA and you will need all the numbers and software versions to confirm. You could be making a costly mistake...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Yes that's an RNS-E (I believe an earlier version because it doesn't have the "Media" button, can anyone confirm?) and I am fairly certain the faceplate for a 2005 Allroad is the correct fit for a C5 RS6 (both are facelift C5 models), so physically it should be a direct fit. However, as Ben suggested you would probably want to confirm hardware and software version compatibility just to be safe.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Yes as P1054 said. A C5 Allroad to a C5 RS6 should have the same trim on the RNS-E. It will fit no problem, the only thing that might be different is whether or not the Allroad was a Bose car, whether you want to do Bluetooth also. A few places can modify the adapter harness you probably have from the Allroad or you can probably get the connectors and do it yourself from Kufatec or maybe Zawa. Bluetooth also entails a different harness for under the passenger footwell as well as an Audi Bluetooth module and antenna. The RNS-E can either use a magnetic puck GPS antenna that can be mounted behind the instrument cluster or you can pull the GPS antenna lead from the now non-functional Onstar which will use the OEM GPS shark fin antenna. Either antenna works great, I just didn't like the ideal of having the extra GPS puck antenna when the car already had the roof antenna.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Thank you all for the input! This apparently is a tricky one, which I think I am going to stay away from....

Quote Originally Posted by tantheman View Post
    Thank you all for the input! This apparently is a tricky one, which I think I am going to stay away from....
    Yes it will work. But the 192 RNSE is kinda like running windows 98 in modern day terms. Faceplate is whats worth money. Youll need an adapter harness to connect it, but yes it will work.

If you dont buy it, I would.

The system is in nice looking a 2005 Allroad with manual transmission. I thought maybe I could use the manual transmission and the RNS-E off of it and let it go fem there. Again, I am just too old for it all. If you are interested I can provide you with the coordinates of the car in MA.

Quote Originally Posted by catriple View Post
    Yes it will work. But the 192 RNSE is kinda like running windows 98 in modern day terms. Faceplate is whats worth money. Youll need an adapter harness to connect it, but yes it will work.

If you dont buy it, I would.