Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get a stock ecu tune?

How to get a stock ecu tune?

So a few months ago I posted about having a ceased passenger turbo....well it's still ceased and the warranty company refuses to do anything without codes being thrown and a CEL. Pretty sure the guy who tuned my car made it impossible to throw a CEL. Only code I'll throw is a faulty back up sensor lol. How would I go about getting rid of my tune and a stock ECU. Assuming the dish will slow like a Christmas tree with lights on a stock file. My tuner passed away last year so I can have him delete the tune. Any input would help. Tired of driving with one working turbo. Car sounds and feels like a beater.

With a secured deposit I can send you one of my immob disabled ecu's.

they have flashes but will still throw codes

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    With a secured deposit I can send you one of my immob disabled ecu's.

they have flashes but will still throw codes
    will it allow me to drive still? I'd have to throw the codes....Drive to the shop and have them confirm them with the warranty company. "Immob" seems like it won't let the car drive lol
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

You can drive forever

these are my test mule ecu' that work in any RS6

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    will it allow me to drive still? I'd have to throw the codes....Drive to the shop and have them confirm them with the warranty company. "Immob" seems like it won't let the car drive lol

Dhall, what tune is on those test mules? What is your rental rate? Sounds interesting!!!!!!!

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Daz's partner carries on his work from my understanding. PM me and I'll get you over to someone who can maybe help.

You can flash the stock tune yourself if you have any "dumb FTDI" or genuine VCDS cable. Being computer savvy also helps.
    Immo should not be an issue if your current ECU has it active.

Here's the guide: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/foru...p?topic=6537.0
    EU binary: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/foru...php?topic=49.0
    US binary: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/foru...php?topic=6328

I'm not sure you'll get a specific error code even from a stock ECU. The failed turbo, if that's the issue, will not throw a code itself, it's mostly a hardware problem not electrical or sensor, just like the transmission does not always throw a code when it fails. I've had two transmissions tear themselves apart, no code except for temp sensor and input/output speed sensor.

I really think you're only going to get codes such as rich/lean/misfire with your turbo; are you not getting any of those now with the crap performance?

Just my 2 cents, maybe somebody can set me straight?

You should try another mechanic when you can, most of your posts regarding the shop seem to be rough with the quality of work and their understanding of the car, although they seem to be cheap, which could be a reason for the above.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I agree with Iswing. Both turbos work together to feed the same actual intake to all 8 cylinders. So the entire engine will simply have less boost. If the setup was each turbo only feeding half the engine then for sure you'd have issues the ECU would probably detect.

Thats a tough situation to be in. Since your warrantee covers the Turbo. Sounds like the insurance underwriter is clueless. May be time to spend some money on a letter from an Attorney.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I'm not sure you'll get a specific error code even from a stock ECU. The failed turbo, if that's the issue, will not throw a code itself, it's mostly a hardware problem not electrical or sensor, just like the transmission does not always throw a code when it fails. I've had two transmissions tear themselves apart, no code except for temp sensor and input/output speed sensor.

I really think you're only going to get codes such as rich/lean/misfire with your turbo; are you not getting any of those now with the crap performance?

Just my 2 cents, maybe somebody can set me straight?

You should try another mechanic when you can, most of your posts regarding the shop seem to be rough with the quality of work and their understanding of the car, although they seem to be cheap, which could be a reason for the above.
    im not throwing any codes what so ever having to due with the engine or electrical anything. The warranty company pretty much told the shop they don't doubt a turbo is frozen and not moving...they WILL cover it...just for a big repair like that they need a "code" or something leading towards the turbo besides the shops word. I'm only assumeing so a shop can't say the tranny or turbos are bad and then the customer gets new ones even tho the old ones were fine? It's the only shop anywhere near me what's worked on RS6s before. They've had 3-4 at the same time in their shop... My tune doesn't throw EGT codes or Lamda codes because they are codes out. The shop says any type of code other than the "rear parking senor" going out would help!
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

It should throw a code.

Esp if it's running as bad as you say.

I call bs on the service contract. If the turbo is dead and you tear it down to find the dead turbo. They have to cover it.

Now mind you the tear down is on your dime until the covered part is found. Typical situation

Have you checked your EGT sensor temps for the passemger bank?
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Have you checked your EGT sensor temps for the passemger bank?
    I ran logs a couple months back and posted them...I know the lambdas just showed "0" because of them being coded out. I don't think the EGT temps looked too out of whack, or if they did no one mentioned it.

I got em all.

How fast do you wanna go?

True story....long time forum member from so cal called me last year. Seems he was called out by a friend to race his RS6. He was already flashed.

He got beat and promptly called me about what to do.

Datalogged the car to make sure sure it was running to spec. Then I sent him a ecu to take care of the rematch.

Took .4 tenths off in the 1/8 mile and smoked the guy.

RS6 FTW

I should go look up my thread beating the co workers Grand Sport vette again. And that was with my beater RS6.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Dhall, what tune is on those test mules? What is your rental rate? Sounds interesting!!!!!!!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I got em all.

How fast do you wanna go?

True story....long time forum member from so cal called me last year. Seems he was called out by a friend to race his RS6. He was already flashed.

He got beat and promptly called me about what to do.

Datalogged the car to make sure sure it was running to spec. Then I sent him a ecu to take care of the rematch.

Took .4 tenths off in the 1/8 mile and smoked the guy.

RS6 FTW
    I hesitate to guess which tune it was.. :P
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Sent you a PM DHall. I'm interested in another ECU to try and see if it'll throw some codes we need!

EDIT: I think I sent you a PM. Sent it twice but doesn't show in my "sent"
    box
    Last edited by makaveli42; February 13th, 2017 at 03:34.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    I ran logs a couple months back and posted them...I know the lambdas just showed "0" because of them being coded out. I don't think the EGT temps looked too out of whack, or if they did no one mentioned it.
    I only ask in that I had a passenger turbo that failed on one of the rides here. I had a CEL that threw because of excessive temps on the passenger EGT. I attributed it to a bad sensor at the time, but in fact the sensor was doing exactly what it was supposed to as it registered high EG temps due to a failing turbo. I know a few board members have said they prefer to code out the EGT's due to the sensor failure that occurs occassionally, but I'm a long time supporter of keeping them coded in for just this type of a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    I only ask in that I had a passenger turbo that failed on one of the rides here. I had a CEL that threw because of excessive temps on the passenger EGT. I attributed it to a bad sensor at the time, but in fact the sensor was doing exactly what it was supposed to as it registered high EG temps due to a failing turbo. I know a few board members have said they prefer to code out the EGT's due to the sensor failure that occurs occassionally, but I'm a long time supporter of keeping them coded in for just this type of a reason.

the EGTs are 100% codes out. Gonna try and borrow a non coded out ECU and see if that dies the trick. I'm really wanting to get this done!! Sucks driving an injured car!