Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to get a stock ecu tune?

Can they put a scope camera down the intake below the MAF to 'look' at the blower side of the turbo? If they nudge the blades it should spin, if it dose not move they they have their answer!!!!!!
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Can they put a scope camera down the intake below the MAF to 'look' at the blower side of the turbo? If they nudge the blades it should spin, if it dose not move they they have their answer!!!!!!

They oretty much did that. They told the shop that a repair that costly they need to have a code thrown pointing to that being the issue. He was like "sir I'm trying to spin it and it's not spinning" but they didn't care.

gonna get a spare ECU from DHall and go that route

Still trying to get my ECU back to stock form! No luck so far! I have a DimSport MyGenius programmer that has a stage 1, stage 2, and STOCK file on it.... but it's VIN locked to another RS6. Eurocharge won't unlock it unless I pay $150 PLUS the $599 for a new tune (I don't want a new tune). DIMSport themselves said they don't do it and to talk to the tuner shops. This is insane! Never heard of so many issues trying to remove a tune! I emailed the guy who took over my tuners shop when he passed away and haven't heard back from him. Got a couple more shops to email/call and then I'm completely out of ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    Still trying to get my ECU back to stock form! No luck so far! I have a DimSport MyGenius programmer that has a stage 1, stage 2, and STOCK file on it.... but it's VIN locked to another RS6. Eurocharge won't unlock it unless I pay $150 PLUS the $599 for a new tune (I don't want a new tune). DIMSport themselves said they don't do it and to talk to the tuner shops. This is insane! Never heard of so many issues trying to remove a tune! I emailed the guy who took over my tuners shop when he passed away and haven't heard back from him. Got a couple more shops to email/call and then I'm completely out of ideas!
    The trouble you're going through is normal and to be expected. You need to use the source company/person to fix/remove the custom tune you have. So yes, go back to the source. Other companies will charge you money because it's not their tune. People are saying the guy who took over the shop has been helping others, good luck! It can be a bit dangerous at times dealing with small tuners where you don't have more company support.

It's clear the insurance is trying not to pay if they've seen pictures of the turbo not working, along with mechanic testimony. Hope you can get that code thrown for something and get them to agree!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Well. I posted the instruction and links on the previous page. I'm puzzled why you didn't give it a try or at least ask a question or two.
    Again:

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    You can flash the stock tune yourself if you have any "dumb FTDI" or genuine VCDS cable. Being computer savvy also helps.
    Immo should not be an issue if your current ECU has it active.

Here's the guide: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/foru...p?topic=6537.0
    EU binary: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/foru...php?topic=49.0
    US binary: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/foru...php?topic=6328
    This can also flash your ECU:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMPS-MPPS-V1...513143&vxp=mtr

PS. I have a feeling that this whole DTC thing is a shop's way of finding an excuse to screw you over with the warranty. "Oh, look, it has a DTC for deleted cats! That's why your turbo failed, it's not covered. Good bye, have a nice day."

Well. I posted the instruction and links on the previous page. I'm puzzled why you didn't give it a try or at least ask a question or two.
    Again:

This can also flash your ECU:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMPS-MPPS-V1...513143&vxp=mtr

PS. I have a feeling that this whole DTC thing is a shop's way of finding an excuse to screw you over with the warranty. "Oh, look, it has a DTC for deleted cats! That's why your turbo failed, it's not covered. Good bye, have a nice day."

Sorry. I read the info but am not computer savvy by any means. The only computer we have in the house is a cheap $299 Black Friday special. I use it to do taxes on and run logs/codes that's it. I have a Ross-tech VAGcom cable....I'm assuming that's like the one in the eBay link? I'll re-read the article again and maybe have a friend look at it as well.

Sorry. I read the info but am not computer savvy by any means. The only computer we have in the house is a cheap $299 Black Friday special. I use it to do taxes on and run logs/codes that's it. I have a Ross-tech VAGcom cable....I'm assuming that's like the one in the eBay link? I'll re-read the article again and maybe have a friend look at it as well.
    E-bay link is for the china MPPS clone (flashing tool).
    It is quite easy to use, and works 100% with the RS6. Comes with its own software as well. Basically this is just another option of getting your ECU flashed.

VCDS cable looks a bit different, but since you know how to do logs & codes, I believe you do have it.
    The "guide" I linked above is for using VCDS & nefmoto flasher. But since you're not that good with computers, getting MPPS might be easier.

So after complaining on a pretty much B5S4 fanboy Facebook page I found a backyard mechanic kind of guy who knew how to do the things you guys told me to do (check the n275s, use me7 or whatever to make it stock tune again. Etc). Drop the car off to him for two days....got the car back and it's running what seems to be flawlessly! Lol. The big name shop wanted $8k to new turbos from the warranty company. This guy charged me $100 and replaced the DVs with upgraded ones, replaced some cracked boost lines under the intake, and did something to the passanger wastegate? He said it was rusty or something.

Either way I ran logs before I drop the car off and ran logs again when I just picked it up. World of difference! Specified boost was 2080 when actual was 1250 before....now specified is roughly 1890 and actually is 1800. Not sure why the specified dropped but I don't care since it's running fine. Taking it to the dyno tomrrow to compare what it made 3yrs ago when it was perfect to what it does now. As long as it. Asked remotely the same power I'll probably clean her up and list her for sale....still has the warranty until this November I believe but the headaches and everything she's given me the last year or so has taken its toll! THANK YOU everyone for your feedback and assistance! Will update you after the dyno with the results!

Not sure why the specified dropped
    Probably because it has a stock tune now?
    Looks a bit high for stock, though.

Probably because it has a stock tune now?
    Looks a bit high for stock, though.
    i believe he put my Viper tune back on it. I gave him all the files and whatnot I had. He said the Viper seemed smoother thru all RPMs than the other tune I had. He changed it to stock tune to see if it would throw a code and all it did was an 0s code. The Viper tune was supposed to be 16psi according to Rich at Viper. But rosstech shows almost 13psi max....me7logger that he (the guy who fixed the car) uses showed it at almost 18. So idk what it's actually at. I think stock is around 8-9psi.