Thread: 03 rs6 Soon to be new owner!!

03 rs6 Soon to be new owner!!

������
    Great maintenace/service records lots of work done and at a great shop basically everything done besides tranny or tc but vin is above 5500 and below 100k miles either way a rs6 will be in my garage by summer.
    Anyways I plan on doing a lot of the work myself not much I can't do or figure out at this point in my life. My entire life has revolved around motor sports one way or another including wrenching but this will be my first German adventure! I look forward to learning new things and pulling a motor is right in my wheelhouse.
    Obviously some things I won't be able to do or will need help with so my 1st of what will be A LOT of questions down the road is;

Which shop is the place to go in Minnesota for work on these beasts? I'm in Minneapolis.

Hey fellow Minnesotan! Congrats! Any pics??

I'd recommend Imola Motorsports or Nur Technik for local Audi shops, both top notch but Nur is a little less pricey. Further Performance is also supposed to be good but I haven't been there.

I also do almost all of my own work on my cars. Next on my list when I can find the time is an 01E manual swap.

Also, join us over on mnaudi.com if you're not already there.

Cheers, welcome! There's a variety of general info in my website, http://audirssix.com/

Sounds like you've done a good bit of research. Issues to be aware of would be cam chain adjusters failing, this has been happening to many cars due to the age of the plastic guides.

Trans could still last you a while. If you tune the car and drive it hard the trans may not

And use Google if you need to search this site, "site:rs6.com yourSearchTermHere"...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post

I also do almost all of my own work on my cars. Next on my list when I can find the time is an 01E manual swap.
    I'll throw pics up when she's coming home! Either way if not this one It'll be very soon.

where ya at Dave!? I was thinking a manual swap would happen soon myself, I'll have to do some research on the reliability of it because I imagine I'll go through a tranny at some point the way I like to drive and track. If your local maybe we can double up!?

Thx for the heads up on cam chain I'm believe both passenger and driver plastic rolllers were replaced around 65k but I'll have to confirm that now that you bring it up.

yeap I knew imola never heard of nur technik so that's good info especially if they are cheaper! In the long run though it's whatever shop has the better rs6 guy/tech ����

Engine and tranny are tuned btw

If you dont want a big shop you could call Levi at Tipke Services. He has worked on my tial605 allroad many many times, will check out the RS6 tomorrow and he is also building a monster tial770 b5 s4. PM me if you cant find his number.