Thread: Fidelity Platinum Warranty

Fidelity Platinum Warranty

Hi
    Fidelity is holding up my latest claim (warranty runs out Feb 18th) because they need to check if cost of all repairs exceeded the value of my car when I bought it. they asked me for the Bill of Sale when I bought it. They claim there is a cap on repairs based on value of the car. Have you guys heard about anything like this? They say it is in the fine print in the contract (haven't seen it). I have Platinum coverage with $250 deductible.
    Thanks
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Did you get your warranty through Bruce M on QW forums?

It might be a coincidence or maybe the warranty companies pushing back. I wonder if anyone reads the fine print in their policies.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/class...gs/33899.phtml

I don't understand warranties and how they are sold but it seems to be a shitty situation for all parties involved.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    Did you get your warranty through Bruce M on QW forums?

It might be a coincidence or maybe the warranty companies pushing back. I wonder if anyone reads the fine print in their policies.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/class...gs/33899.phtml

I don't understand warranties and how they are sold but it seems to be a shitty situation for all parties involved.
    Luckily no... I saw that on QW pretty shitty situation. To be fair Fidelity did cover quite a bit in repairs but now they are pushing back.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I have a warranty through Zurich and they told me the same thing. They will only provide repairs up to the value of the vehicle. I'm not sure if that is what I bought it for or what the current market value is. I got quite a bit of warranty work done in 2015 so i'm very happy that I decided to go with the warranty. My warranty ends Jan 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by midwest1275 View Post
    I have a warranty through Zurich and they told me the same thing. They will only provide repairs up to the value of the vehicle. I'm not sure if that is what I bought it for or what the current market value is. I got quite a bit of warranty work done in 2015 so i'm very happy that I decided to go with the warranty. My warranty ends Jan 2018.
    They told me that it will be "good for me" since they will base it on the value of the car when I bought it. The thing is the PO had already gone through 4 years of the warranty with repairs and I had some repairs covered in 2015 as well. I am pretty happy with the overall coverage even if they deny this (which they probably will).

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    They claim there is a cap on repairs based on value of the car.
    No first hand knowledge but would assume that if repairs exceed the value of the car, they would just cut you a check for the value of the car and then take it away. What repairs are you facing that are over $15K?

Quote Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
    No first hand knowledge but would assume that if repairs exceed the value of the car, they would just cut you a check for the value of the car and then take it away. What repairs are you facing that are over $15K?
    Lol no ... I am not talking about a single repair of 15k but the sum of all repairs since the inception of the warranty contract.

The details are in the service contract. There is a cap on repairs

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Lol no ... I am not talking about a single repair of 15k but the sum of all repairs since the inception of the warranty contract.