Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stock RS6 rim weights vs aftermarket options

Which Volks, and how much better did it feel?

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    I had 19x9.5 Volks on my manual RS6...HUGE difference over stock...I seem to recall over 15lbs per corner, rotating...

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I do like Fikse wheels, excellent reputation, and especially since they were made just up the road from me. They have moved a little farther up the road, just across the border in Canada but still close.
    With that said the BBS wheels have held up great, I've had them now for probably almost 10yrs on the RS6. I did pull them apart last year for a complete cleaning. BBS said I can re-use the Titanium bolts just to Torque them to proper spec. I have always like BBS wheels. I these, a set of RSII's on the Cayenne, a set of RC's on the TT and all have held up great. I've been to their factory (Germany, they have a few around the world now) for a tour about 6 or 7yrs ago, impressive operation. I am also a believer in Forged wheels, and Forged metals in many applications for that matter, the engineer in me.
    Did you take any photo's when you broke down those rims? Just curious!

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by boca rat View Post
    I bought them and since had them refinished, 285 DWS on all 4 and i think it's actually 12lbs lighter per corner, i also have the lighter wavy rotors that are about 2lbs lighter each up front. Love them!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13096163_10154060303611772_8425024916404032853_n.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	17863
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Quote Originally Posted by s8prtotype View Post
    Love them!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13096163_10154060303611772_8425024916404032853_n.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	17863
    Dude, that's the worst response for how do they feel?

So do you really notice much performance gain on acceleration, or other gains? Think pickup is about all rotating weight will help with, although I'm sure it helps, just not how much on such a heavy torque filled car that already gets moving quick.

Performance gains by the seat of the pants are an odd one...I shit you not, after I put a radar detector in, my car felt faster, just the idea of new parts.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I'm not the guy for absolute data on just a wheel swap. What happened with my car, is that i also did a few other things to the car around the same time, SAI delete, Aux Rad delete, lighter rotors, wheels, and also did the coilpacks/got it tuned... so yes the car does feel better/faster overall. I'd say 60+ lbs are off the car at the moment. Don't run the spare either.
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Thank you sir, that sounds more like it! Yep, tough to tell exactly when you get a bunch of work done at once. I remember when we pulled my aux rads, but also buttoned up the IC's, damn the car was faster after that new work...plus it was a cool and crisp time of year which equals a serious power boost.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

No Mike I didn't take any pics but RS-GT's are easy in that they are two piece so you don't have to worry about a O-ring seal on rim halves since the Rim itself is one piece.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by boca rat View Post

Volk VR G2. Noticeable...but also had wider tires...I think they were 275/35-19 all around.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Volk VR G2. Noticeable...but also had wider tires...I think they were 275/35-19 all around.
    Noticeable what? You guys are killing me with your vague performance input on lighter wheels, hahaha! Wider should not affect acceleration (slightly heavier i guess), which is the greatest factor the light wheel will affect

Light wheels are for a light car. A 4500lb car doesn't need them IMO. That doesn't equate to 'doesn't benefit', but unless you are gaining some additinal weight loss as a benefit of the "style" of rim you desire, it's just not worth the fuss. I've run SSR's, BBS, and Speedlines, but after losing (read bending) a rim with each set, I elect to stick with OEM style rims such as the Ronal's. This isn't a track car like a refined NSX can be. It's a highway bruiser.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down