Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M5 vs RS6 article from BMW Roundel Mag Jan 2017

Wow....very cool aritcle... I love this line... 'the rs6 is hands down the better car...." I find it funny that it is the car he ended up driving everywhere, but would opt to own the e39.... yup, wanted to make sure he said the "right" thing to the BMW crowd.

For what its worth, I have owned both. I bought my M5 new in 2000 on European Delivery. It was a great car, but because they had to use the recirculating ball steering, it had a somewhat numb drive to it. No doubt it was super fun to drive in the 6 speed, but it is no where close to the car the RS6 is.

When I first drove the RS6 in early 2003, I knew I would get one someday.... I bought my Avus Silver RS6 with 11K on the odometer in 2004... Pretty much had at least one ever since...except for a couple breaks..some might call it a few brief lapses in judgement!

One day, this car will get its due... I really think that low mileage well sorted example will start to fetch big bucks...so hold on to them folks... the party is just getting started!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencl View Post
    One day, this car will get its due... I really think that low mileage well sorted example will start to fetch big bucks...so hold on to them folks... the party is just getting started!
    I agree....check out these two sites..the C5 RS6 is listed near the top for "best Audis ever built" ...granted this is before the C7s came out but the C7 does nothing for me

C5 RS6 #7 on this list out of 25
    http://www.complex.com/sports/2011/1...-of-all-time/6

This one mentions the RS6 platform in general
    http://www.wheels.ca/top-ten/10-best-audis-of-all-time/

I was asked by a young guy at work if my RS6 "was a special Euro only model"

FYI I was hooked as soon as I drove my cousin's Sportec equipped Avus Silver RS6 in 2004 but did not get one till a couple of years ago...
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

In due time

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Is yours for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Yes overall the RS6 came out #1 in that comparison but the E55 was faster.
    thats better.
    2010 XC90 exec, winter machine (V8 of course)
    2004 RS6 official Canadian edition, Daytona grey, (best colour!), summer edition
    2011 Q7 TDI, general alrounder

What title did you find the magazine under?

It is from the BMW Roundel magazine...my friend scanned it for me
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Got a perfect eBay sale, $3 for that cheap Beamer mag, great idea Dave!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com