Thread: HELP NEEDED - RS6 vs S4

Lightbulb HELP NEEDED - RS6 vs S4

Okay in a dilemma. I just took delivery of the first new 2017 S4 here in New Zealand. Had an RS4 but had it for two years so decided to try the new S4. However don't really like it - nothing really is like an RS4 and a V8. I have since found a nice RS6 thats available. I am thinking about getting rid of the S4 and instead getting the RS6. The new RS4 coming out in 2018 is also only going to be a V6 and not a V8 so that doesn't appeal to me.

Thoughts everyone ????

Ned

What year rs6

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNedRS4 View Post
    Okay in a dilemma. I just took delivery of the first new 2017 S4 here in New Zealand. Had an RS4 but had it for two years so decided to try the new S4. However don't really like it - nothing really is like an RS4 and a V8. I have since found a nice RS6 thats available. I am thinking about getting rid of the S4 and instead getting the RS6. The new RS4 coming out in 2018 is also only going to be a V6 and not a V8 so that doesn't appeal to me.

Thoughts everyone ????

Ned

Well, I assume you're referring to the C7 version. I think this bunch is mostly US-focused and C5 focused, so you might have better luck checking a UK/Europe based forum because most of us have probably never even laid eyes on a new RS6 Avant in person. I've seen one at the Audi forum in Neckarsulm and it was totally badass, but that's about all I can tell you. Forbidden fruit!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

If you like the sedan/saloon rather than avant, take a drive in an S6. I don't think there is a comparison with the C7 RS6 but much less $$ and quite a nice ride and with sport exhaust, you'll enjoy the V8 sound. We get only the RS7 and while it is set up nicely, the design is a love it or hate it type. Personally never liked it since I saw the original A7 on a trip to Europe before we got it on this side of the pond. Good problems to have!
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

I miss the all motor high revs of my RS4.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.