Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help with a log

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    How on earth did you get the wire to reach from drivers side to passenger side and vise versa???? Those friggen wires are soooooo short....

Mike
    I bought new connectors with wires and patched them in.

Where did you get them from with wires? I found only for 2.7 tt with wires.

Andriy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRS6 View Post
    Where did you get them from with wires? I found only for 2.7 tt with wires.

Andriy
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/Mass-Air-Flow-...-/172313494676

Problem solved: It seems that the small M6x1.0x15 bolts that hold the wastegate actuator on to the CHRA of the turbo were all missing. The result was that instead of the actuator rod exerting it's full force on the wastgate valve it was mostly moving the actuator back and forth. The net effect seems to be that the wastegate was always partially open/closed and never fully open/closed. So lack of boost and then overboost. The MAF seems to have been getting a reading from the trottle closing and the wastegate not fully opening which was causing reversion. I'm resetting the ECU and going out for a drive but measuring blocks for the MAF seem to be matched from side to side and there is not the drop to zero that was occuring before.

Well I'm glad to hear it was a relatively easy (or cheap anyway) fix after all that. Hope you're good to go for a while now!
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.