Thread: Possible Problems w/KWv3's. Who knows them well?

Question Possible Problems w/KWv3's. Who knows them well?

So I replaced all my suspension with the KW's as many of you recommended. They seem much more rough, so I think I may need to decrease the compression damping. Sound appropriate?

Also, today as I was changing into my Blizzaks, I noticed the helper springs on the coilers are completely compressed, as if they're acting like a spacer. (see pic's) Is this how they should be? Are they meant to soften the top out? I can't figure it out. Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6028.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	17764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6029.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	17765
    If you never exceed the limits, how do you know where they are?

mine look very similar so I'm anxious to see what other say who have v3's installed!
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Are both sides the same? I'll check mine but if the thing is not under compression it should not be like that! I just changed my snows last week and really can't recall looking that closely. But I think I recall the smaller spring being expanded.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

The front lower spring on my setup is also compressed as in the picture. I don't have my car up on the jack without the wheel though, so the load is on the spring.

dumb comment here but if you still have your sway bar bolted on, and the opposite side of the car wheel is loaded (i.e. you just have one corner jacked up) then the suspension on the corner you have jacked still has load (because of the bar)...right (smarter car guys)?
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

They should be compressed as the main spring is shorter to get the lower ride height with a stiffer spring. The compression spring just keeps things in place when you jack it up or under hard cornering an un-weight the wheel. And of course when you do the "Dukes of Hazzard" routine and jump your car.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Dam, that is correct! Wish I noted that.....with regard to the torsion bar being connected and loaded
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

I'm thinking the purpose of the helper spring is to lighten what would be a very harsh top out should both front wheels lose contact with the ground. So instead of the force of the main spring topping out the shock, the shock ends up having to take the force of the helper spring instead.
    If you never exceed the limits, how do you know where they are?

Personally I would never put KW's on any of my cars. Too firm, suited for track performance not a daily. But it's all preference!!!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Subjective really

roads are excellent here in mexizona. KWV3's simply rock even for a daily

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Personally I would never put KW's on any of my cars. Too firm, suited for track performance not a daily. But it's all preference!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Subjective really

roads are excellent here in mexizona. KWV3's simply rock even for a daily
    Exactly...roads here in NY are complete crap. I drive the Dodge truck most days, ha! NY roads make OR roads look butter smooth...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Oh my word!

worse than Or roads. Dang

We just moved up to NE Mesa. The roads are butter smooth up here and have a selection of round a bouts for off ramps.

Three guesses to how far the AMG tail steps out before nanny control kicks in

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Exactly...roads here in NY are complete crap. I drive the Dodge truck most days, ha! NY roads make OR roads look butter smooth...