Views:	308 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	17761

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Siblings.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	17762

Added this Sepang Blue S6 to the stable last weekend. Black Optics, Sport Exhaust, etc. Waited a while to find one in this color. In the carport, it's like a father next to his grown son, following successfully in his footsteps! I'll just say Audi has done a very nice job with this car, and this too will be a keeper.
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post

Name:	Sepang!.jpg 

Added this Sepang Blue S6 to the stable last weekend. Black Optics, Sport Exhaust, etc. Waited a while to find one in this color. In the carport, it's like a father next to his grown son, following successfully in his footsteps! I'll just say Audi has done a very nice job with this car, and this too will be a keeper.
    My next car. Can we get a mini review? What do you like about it and what don't you like? Is it as great as i imagine?

This is awesome! You're back in a fast Audi for the daily. What a great look to the car....

I had to go and throw an AMG in the garage for my next daily. The RS6s kick rocks on the AMG every night.

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc View Post

Name:	Sepang!.jpg 

Quote Originally Posted by UrS6 View Post
    My next car. Can we get a mini review? What do you like about it and what don't you like? Is it as great as i imagine?
    I have only had it for a week, but some observations. The interior is probably industry leading, MMI is easy to operate, the Bose surround sound system is solid, the seats including massage options amazing, and with Audi Connect moving the experience into the modern world, there is little left to be desired. But we all know the reason to get into something like this is the ride. I've not used launch control yet, but even without that, knock it down to S mode, full throttle, Sport exhaust... money. Car and Driver got under 4 seconds 0-60 and while I can't verify that, it is certainly quicker with the 7 speed DSG transmission than my tuned RS6. The sport exhaust sound is lovely, burbles and grunts at low RPMs and a nice howl when on it. I suspect the only thing I don't like is that one can check the number of flashes to the ECU with a VAG-COM, so if it is tuned and something goes bad, the dealer can set the TD1 warranty flag to possibly void a repair. Tuning this can bump the HP and torque up dramatically, but I am a bit leery about the transmission handling the increase. The RS7 has a different and more robust transmission, but I am still considering the "pay to play" option. One can also access launch control numbers from the VCDS and I picked this up CPO, and only one launch. Will likely be a few more in the future!
    Dave, thanks, you've been the go to guy here for many years!
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Very nice....

Enjoy....

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

As to the flash

I don't have plans to flash the AMG yet. 660hp/740tq is very tempting but there goes the power train warranty. The AMG is plenty fun as it sits.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    As to the flash

I don't have plans to flash the AMG yet. 660hp/740tq is very tempting but there goes the power train warranty. The AMG is plenty fun as it sits.
    My thoughts as well. I've been down that transmission replacement road before with my first RS6, not anxious to do it again. And as you note, these cars bring on smiles even in stock form.

Haha. Similar to mine also. Great combo. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	17763

Quote Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
    Haha. Similar to mine also. Great combo. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	17763

OP nice looking father & son collection! @ Fastguy I dig the OE RS4 wheels your running on your beast! I'm about to install a set of the OEM RS4 wheels with Winter tires for my dedicated winter set up, excited! What has your experience been with respect to the fitment of the OEM RS4's?
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    OP nice looking father & son collection! @ Fastguy I dig the OE RS4 wheels your running on your beast! I'm about to install a set of the OEM RS4 wheels with Winter tires for my dedicated winter set up, excited! What has your experience been with respect to the fitment of the OEM RS4's?
    I really like them. Offset, diameter, all seems to belong on this car. Oem, aggressive look.

Quote Originally Posted by papadoc
    ... I'll just say Audi has done a very nice job with this car, and this too will be a keeper.
    Congrats - love mine, and it's nice to see that others on this board are beginning to understand why!

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T View Post
    Congrats - love mine, and it's nice to see that others on this board are beginning to understand why!

Enjoy!
    I drove an S6 and S7 on the track, great cars, both! I would have gotten one but out of my current price range. (Of course what I spent fixing my RS6 would have been a huge downpayment.) I loved the S6, great interior, nice seats, but disappointed that the massage seats were not offered in the S6/7, loved them in my A8L, the transmission is very nice and the car is quick! Handled well on the track, was pacing the Pacer in his RS5, stayed right on his tail, he tried to pull away LOL.....

Mike
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    I loved the S6, great interior, nice seats, but disappointed that the massage seats were not offered in the S6/7

Mike
    Got 'em. Nice on a long drive!

Just picked mine up a couple days ago, 2013 C7 S6 with 13k miles. Mythos black. The RS is playing nicely so far .

NICE.....

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mgmarsh39 View Post

Just picked mine up a couple days ago, 2013 C7 S6 with 13k miles. Mythos black. The RS is playing nicely so far .
    Enjoy! Your Misano Red car looks great and I'd guess that you too make a daily decision on which one to take out on the road.

Thanks papadoc. Two very different cars as I am sure you know all to well. I'm driving the RS daily at the moment, because I'm too lazy to move the little guy's seat LOL.

Love to drive the C7 at night and on the weekends just to see those LED lights reflecting off other's cars.

Very angry at Audi right now... The rear license plate bracket is a joke! One of the carrier nuts that hold the license screws popped through! Needless to say, my OCD was having no part of this. I took the torx bolts out, heated the tape a bit and pulled it off. Lucky thing I did, because the other 3 were barely holding on.

What a terrible design. I called the dealer, and they said the TSB states it must be "Fixed", but they won't replace it. What a load of BS... Ordered a new one off ECS, for 120 bucks!!!!!! jesus! Whatever... I got a good enough deal on the car.

Also glad I took it off, because it looks like the PO had the same issue, and put a couple scratches on the trunk behind the bracket. Put some touch up paint back there to keep rust out.