Thread: New RS6 owner.

New RS6 owner.

Hi forum. I am a new excited RS6 owner. I came across this example for sale at Audi in Tulsa Ok. and pulled the trigger without much thinking. The car is a blast. I always drove BMWs and recently I am at the American muscle experience owning a Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca. However I missed my e39 M5 and decided to go at this RS6. Of course for my luck a week after I pick up the car engine light comes on with torque converter stock off code. The car drives excellent and is in great condition with very little wear. I have already put in about 1000 miles and the car shows no signs of slippage or transmition issues. I do not know much about the car but it seems there is a wealth of information from you all. Looking forward to learn and contribute. Mine is daytona grey, two previous owners, no services as per carfax besides routine maintenance, carbon fiber package with weather package as well.
    Thanks for any input you may give.

TC issues will heat up trans fluid and cook the clutches. Recommend replace TC. Welcome! There's a good bit of info on my website, see in my signature. Get VCDS from Ross-Tech and find an expert mechanic.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thanks for the heads up. I see in your description you have upgraded your transmition/tc with tozo. I did read about it but did not get much info on owners that have it on reliability. How long have you had it ? Your thoughts ?
    Thanks again,

Probably as solid as any rebuild. Shifts a bit tighter/rougher at times due to the extra clutch pack and increased valve body pressure, both added on to prevent clutch slip. Sure you could get a standard rebuild also, $3k for the trans, $500 for TC.

You might be able to just replace your TC at this point, but the labor is the basically the same to replace the trans at the same time. Overall expect $6-10k parts and labor.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com