Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 275/35/19 ?????????????????????

275/35/19 ?????????????????????

Would like some feedback. Currently running 275/30/19 on MTM Bimotos. Would like to soften the ride a little bit. Can you run 35 series without rub/clearance issues. I don't track the car. Thanks for any and all help. Be safe.

What is your offset? Wow, you're running 275/30 with no rubbing now? Did you roll the fenders?

I get slight fender liner rubs with 255/35/19 and 10mm spacers, but I am lowered by about 1/4 in.

No

offset

Quote Originally Posted by mgmarsh39 View Post
    What is your offset? Wow, you're running 275/30 with no rubbing now? Did you roll the fenders?

I get slight fender liner rubs with 255/35/19 and 10mm spacers, but I am lowered by about 1/4 in.
    I believe the offset is 25. The wheel is 19x9.5

What's your location? Europe? Update in sig...just wondering how you got he bimoto's.

19's are simply a rough ride, and it will get much worse if you get coilovers. 18's on stock springs is more that enough firmness for me!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thanks for the quick reply. I have 18s but the BiMotos came with the car. I believe the previous owner got them from Joe Hoppen. I think they are way way over priced. For that kind of money I would get forged and way half as much those are heavy !!!!. The ride is not as stiff as I thought it would be but you're right the 18s ride better. I'm in Sacramento CA.

I'm pretty sure you will rub with 35 series and 275. I rub now with 265 and 35(when at full lock) but I am lowered and run a 6mm spacer to clear the nub. I had 275/30(ventus v12 tires) and went to 265/35(PSS) and it was a nice improvement in softness.
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Quote Originally Posted by RS6 rick View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I have 18s but the BiMotos came with the car. I believe the previous owner got them from Joe Hoppen. I think they are way way over priced. For that kind of money I would get forged and way half as much those are heavy !!!!. The ride is not as stiff as I thought it would be but you're right the 18s ride better. I'm in Sacramento CA.
    Interesting, yea those are rare wheels, heavy but strong. I've stayed away from 19's for the ride stiffness alone, really like the look though. Thanks for the feedback!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I know where you can get top dollar for the MTM rims.

No no way shape or form 275/35 fits

Do you have my old car? Gray with gray bimotos?
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I know where you can get top dollar for the MTM rims.

No no way shape or form 275/35 fits
    Years ago I would have paid at least $2k for a clean set...

I'm running 265/35 on OEM RS4 wheels (9"x19" ET 29) on stock height / stock suspension and I think I'm pretty well maxed out.

I will say though no matter the wheel I don't think I could ever go back to 18s. 19 just looks so right. I'm not a big ghetto wheel type guy by a long shot, but most-more-than several-year old European performance cars come with wheels a size down from optimal IMO. Few AMGs I have same thing, OEM 19s to 20s just looks so much mo right. I tried 20s on my RS6 and looked retarded, never mind the clearance.

My bad the offset is 30 !! I just double checked.

These were 6k plus shipping.

No. CA car all it's life.

Anybody ever done any homework on changing effective gear ratios via changing overall tire diameter and effect it might have on imploding those cream-puff tranies even more so than they're already predisposed to doing? I'm sure not near the damage inflicted by a 70+hp tune.

Any pics you could share. I really like the look of 19s on the car but not crazy about 30s kinda like a rubber band.

Quote Originally Posted by CBeau View Post
    Anybody ever done any homework on changing effective gear ratios via changing overall tire diameter and effect it might have on imploding those cream-puff tranies even more so than they're already predisposed to doing? I'm sure not near the damage inflicted by a 70+hp tune.

As long as you keep all the wheel and tire sizes the same, you should be fine. I had 19x9 with a ET29, with 275/30-19. Anything more will rub.