Thread: 6MT swap guys. Anyone run a TTV flywheel.

6MT swap guys. Anyone run a TTV flywheel.

Short story and I have pictures. Just finished the swap on my RS6 and it will not fire up. It has a cam correlation code. The timing is dead on. I believe and was apprehensive before installing the flywheel that the crank trigger was milled in at the wrong orientation. TTV claims it is fine 2 respected tuners say there is no way it will run with the design of the flywheel.

I just wanted to see if anyone out there has run one. If so what is the orientation of the blank spot in the trigger at TDC to the CPS.

I have another flywheel on the way from our friend Steven Ken. I just want to hammer on TTV if it is truly wrong for wasting so much time and for such poor customer service.

Any pictures of the TTV flywheel?

Here's Steve's to compare: http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21...l=1#post253512

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	74.3 KB 
ID:	17730

This is the TTV. The motor is locked w the crank pin at tdc in the photo. Notice the position of the crank trigger blank is at about 1 o clock. It should be in my opinion at the 10 o clock position. Im no trigger expert but all the flywheels ive put on the blank lines up with the CPS at TDC.

I have steves flywheel on its way to me. From the pictures I have see it looks like it will land in that 10 o clock area.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	17731

Heres the ride as I got it. I have done quite a bit on it since then.
    Last edited by Wide-66; November 3rd, 2016 at 14:41.

I has the same issue I think..

Name:	2016-11-02 17.46.16.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	17732
    www.advancedautomotion.com

Ship that paperweight back its junk unless you run an external trigger. I finally spoke with them today. It must of been a sales guy, not technically knowledgable inthe least. Worse is they knew that they had bad flywheels made having trouble with the impulse signals. I brought up my concerns prior to install but never doing the swap i went ahead with the swap at their advice. All along they knew of the bad flywheel issues. Very decietful and a very bad business practice in my opinion. You better believe ill be posting this on all the forums. If I can save one person the trouble I went through it will be time well spent on my part.