Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back on the Road...so far so good.

Back on the Road...so far so good.

I picked up my RS6 yesterday.

Running well.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    I picked up my RS6 yesterday.

Running well.

Mike
    This is one of the most optimistic posts I've seen on this forum. I like it

LOL....

Mike
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Run Mike run!!!!!!

Running well....

For sale, see for sale page for details.

It's been great, but went way over budge on repairs and with kid in college I have to sell it.

Very sad.....oh well.....

Hopefully someone will get a few years out of it and enjoy it 1/10th as much as I did for the past 14 years.

Mike

Car is running excellent, seems to have increased power (back to baseline) after new turbos and CCT (ie. timing dead on).

Mike

Car is running excellent, seems to have increased power (back to baseline) after new turbos and CCT (ie. timing dead on).

Mike
    This would be the case yes with new pads put in. Give that yours shattered, it would suggest it was well worn which will change the intake timing and therefore slightly alter power output.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Bigglezworth,

It's not just slightly better, as I have been getting on it more, it's like NEW!

I had been driving my M2 for the past 4 months or so, but now back in the RS6, on the highway the RS6 50 to 100 mph is much faster than my M2!!

I had thought my A8L was faster, but now that it's go new turbo's and correct timing.....dam....the RS6 is back on top.

Mike

Bigglezworth,

It's not just slightly better, as I have been getting on it more, it's like NEW!

I had been driving my M2 for the past 4 months or so, but now back in the RS6, on the highway the RS6 50 to 100 mph is much faster than my M2!!

I had thought my A8L was faster, but now that it's go new turbo's and correct timing.....dam....the RS6 is back on top.

Mike
    Sounds like you're trying to sell it back to yourself. You should buy it. Its way more fun than its worth right now. Aren't you the orig. owner? You should really keep it. And after all you've done to it - I read your FS thread - what else could possibly go wrong?? ... but I know better so don't listen to me. Its like a hot girlfriend who can be cool but can be a real pain in the ass too. You keep putting up with the BS while she's still in the picture but once you send her down the road with finality you might miss her a little at first but once you realize you really like not dealing with the pain in the ass part you'll be fine. But if you don't need the little money its worth and have room I'd still keep it, esp if I bought it new bc getting another later won't be the same and its such a rare and cool car. Will this forum still be around 15-20 yrs from now and a few of us still on here with the cars saying "remember when you couldn't give em away" when they're pulling $80-100k+?? Like people are saying now about Countachs and pretty much any Ferrari and 70s Citroens and certain vintages of 911 etc. etc. It could so totally happen with a press darling revered car so unique. Think nothing but self-piloted drones available, how coveted cars like C5 RS6 will be... so long as Hillary and her side kick First-"Gentleman" slick Willie don't get paid off by Google and Apple etc. (you know all those no-tax paying Ireland based sweetheart DNC fundraising concerns masquerading as "US companies") into executive order crushing of all gas and self piloted vehicles, which seems totally possible, the right $$ anything is for sale with her. And they (C5 RS6s) are such a PITA to keep running they will keep getting rarer and rarer. And think if you could say and document then... yeah I bought it new when it was the shiznits. Might want to start stockpiling spares of known-to-fail parts tho bc they're sure to get rare as hen's teeth soon enuf. And unlike Porsche parts the volume demand for sure won't be there to justify continued mfg. of service parts. Most any part can be rebuilt tho, just costs $$. Sorry to jack your thread. Keep it!!

Trump is right about one thing. It's rigged

but he is part of the plot. It's the Hillary parade and always has been

as far as RS6 content....I have my stockpile of parts. Lol and cars too

Quote Originally Posted by CBeau View Post
    Sounds like you're trying to sell it back to yourself. You should buy it. Its way more fun than its worth right now. Aren't you the orig. owner? You should really keep it. And after all you've done to it - I read your FS thread - what else could possibly go wrong?? ... but I know better so don't listen to me. Its like a hot girlfriend who can be cool but can be a real pain in the ass too. You keep putting up with the BS while she's still in the picture but once you send her down the road with finality you might miss her a little at first but once you realize you really like not dealing with the pain in the ass part you'll be fine. But if you don't need the little money its worth and have room I'd still keep it, esp if I bought it new bc getting another later won't be the same and its such a rare and cool car. Will this forum still be around 15-20 yrs from now and a few of us still on here with the cars saying "remember when you couldn't give em away" when they're pulling $80-100k+?? Like people are saying now about Countachs and pretty much any Ferrari and 70s Citroens and certain vintages of 911 etc. etc. It could so totally happen with a press darling revered car so unique. Think nothing but self-piloted drones available, how coveted cars like C5 RS6 will be... so long as Hillary and her side kick First-"Gentleman" slick Willie don't get paid off by Google and Apple etc. (you know all those no-tax paying Ireland based sweetheart DNC fundraising concerns masquerading as "US companies") into executive order crushing of all gas and self piloted vehicles, which seems totally possible, the right $$ anything is for sale with her. And they (C5 RS6s) are such a PITA to keep running they will keep getting rarer and rarer. And think if you could say and document then... yeah I bought it new when it was the shiznits. Might want to start stockpiling spares of known-to-fail parts tho bc they're sure to get rare as hen's teeth soon enuf. And unlike Porsche parts the volume demand for sure won't be there to justify continued mfg. of service parts. Most any part can be rebuilt tho, just costs $$. Sorry to jack your thread. Keep it!!

parts I have no problem with, its the labor! If I had gone the DIY route perhaps I would have learned the needed skills........

I'd like to keep it, but if something else goes,it will be hard to sell.

I'm using it as my daily drive, snows go on soon, drive it until it fails or sells.

Mike

Dam, it is fast though!

Some of us that keep our cars in a proper state of tune have that same smile every day.

Why do you think I keep buying them and fixing them.

Operating properly these are beasts for sure. Only a small percentage maintain that level.

Some members come on here pissing and moaning about poor performance and getting beat by lesser vehicles when they have no friggin clue how to maintain these cars. Good luck suckers

Mike....could you data log a 3rd gear pull. 3-31-115

parts I have no problem with, its the labor! If I had gone the DIY route perhaps I would have learned the needed skills........

I'd like to keep it, but if something else goes,it will be hard to sell.

I'm using it as my daily drive, snows go on soon, drive it until it fails or sells.

Mike

Dam, it is fast though!
    Last edited by DHall1; October 27th, 2016 at 06:07.

on Q-World, the statement that a car was running great would be met with a two word answer: Sell It!

Quote Originally Posted by EINHORN View Post
    on Q-World, the statement that a car was running great would be met with a two word answer: Sell It!
    LMAO.....it's listed on three sites......

Mike

OK next one would be GLWS

Quote Originally Posted by EINHORN View Post
    OK next one would be GLWS
    ?GLWS?

Mike

I have to admit that @CBeau brings up a very good point.
    On my way to work I was behind a 1990's BMW M6 the other day, and I on the RS6, and I could tell he was enjoying his ride just as much as I was enjoying mine. Hope he did not think I was following though, as I think I tailed him for a good portion of 8 miles (side roads). But I was on my way to work.

I keep thinking how cool it would be to have a 2002tti or that M6, when I have been enjoying the darn Beast just as much since day 1. I don't happen to take it out as much, but when I do, I most certainly enjoy every second of it.

Keep it if you can OP.

Good Luck with Sale