Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Oil Leak - Forum Help

10kPlus, sounds about right.....happy motoring....

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

I did the $10k refurb a few years back, very happy. Unfortunately I keep doing a $2-5k one every few years after...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

That's great news!

i agree with your thoughts on other potential vehicles. A good well serviced RS6 always wins.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat_92 View Post
    Update to Post:
    Hey RS6.com, finally getting a chance to post an update on this tread. The oil leak was from a cracked oil line from one of the turbos.

While at Addict, I exercised my check book a little (turned my head and coughed) and took care of a ton of stuff: trans rebuild, torque converter upgrade, replace inter coolers/cracked oil line, timing belt, Addict's ECU tune, MTM TCU chip, control arms, install new disks/pad I had on the shelf, plus an assortment of other 'while it's apart let's replace common wear' items. Assuming I am relatively good for the next 60-75k miles (6+ years at my pace), money well spent.

Through reading posts on this forum for years, most RS6 owners have or will have the debate/decision to make about investing in their RS6 vs. going another path that I did. For me, it started with 'what all-wheel drive can I get for $30k that would be equivalent to my RS after putting +-$10k into it?'. Considered the prior style S6 and S8, but not equivalent. The current S6's $ are too high. BMW x-drives?, just not the same. Too emotionally attached, maybe. Call me crazy, or Crazy Train, but the toothy grin I had hitting the freeway on-ramp was priceless.

Mine makes me smile EVERY time I drive it.....the RAW POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

(and no fake sound piped into the cabin it's quiet when I want quiet, unlike my M2 which has a drone......stupid BMW fake sound, much like the Fake News, it's just stupid)
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Mine makes me smile EVERY time I drive it.....the RAW POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

(and no fake sound piped into the cabin it's quiet when I want quiet, unlike my M2 which has a drone......stupid BMW fake sound, much like the Fake News, it's just stupid)
    Easily worth a few $$$ per year, exactly!!! Plus the quality looks, just a great all around car, comfort, ah.....the rumbling exhaust, turbo boost, dang I need another one of these!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Worth it....LOL relative ....I am getting new summer tires soon and need to install my new A/C compressor...I have a spreadsheet to track my expenses...yikes the total is crazy....should have gotten a 2003 Civic, it would have still been running, on the original tires and cost me $15,000 total, never require an oil change or new brakes. sure...."Its a Honda!". LOL

Mike

Yup, driving the RS6 this morning in a downpour in the Bay area, I was thinking about how much $$ I'll have to sink into this in the future. But with the 034 tune, smiles continue. My S6 has all I could ask for in a current ride, but I'll try to get to 200K miles on the beast and love every moment.
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.