Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New look

New look

Picked up bakes Morr VS8.2s and installed H&R coilovers. I still need to put a few more miles on them before I do the final drop and alignment.

looks brand new! you have a time machine???
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Haha thanks Aronis! Still have some interior bits to replace but she's coming along. Less of a time machine and more of a high limit credit card .

I was considering repainting my car (due to some rust on the doors with paint lifting) but the mechanicals are killing me......so no paint....

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Just keep driving it, till the wheels fall off!

I wouldn't drop it anymore, maybe even raise the rear 1/8~1/4". Need to clear corner the headlights. Looks good.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

That is the problem. The wheels are falling off

jk

lol

Quote Originally Posted by mgmarsh39 View Post
    Just keep driving it, till the wheels fall off!

Nice. I don't do red, but that does look minty. And definitely bring the rear up 1/2", then we'll re-evaluate....

The suspension is still settling, so gonna give it a few more miles. It was definitely higher when I left the shop. I agree though, so will adjust in a couple days and shoot another pic.

Thanks all!

Looking good! Now please get those front windows a matching tint!!!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

one of these days...

Looks great! I liked them on my car but having since put the gunmetal forgestar's back on I'm glad they found a new happy home!!
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

Thanks again bakes for the easy transaction!

The nose has settled a bit more, because I am noticing a lot more dips in the road lol.

Will be taking it back to the shop in a couple days, I've developed a really bad rattle in the rear. Front is squeaking over bumps too...

Front is squeaking over bumps too...
    Both of my cars here 'squeaked' after having theh struts swapped out. That was because I put in new rubber mounts. It went away after a couple of months in my instance.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Makes sense. Really need to figure out this rattle in the rear, starting to get worse.

Makes sense. Really need to figure out this rattle in the rear, starting to get worse.
    Double check all fasteners. Has been a loose sway bar bolt for a couple of members over the years, Not all that much taken apart to swap out the rear struts. In fact, aside from the two bolts that hold theh top of the strut to the chassis, it only requires removal of the bottom spindle bolt (used to adjust camber), the bolt that fastens the strut to the control arm. and loosening of a couple more.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3755 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	670 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	17648
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3756 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	592 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	17649
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

The rattle was apparently the upper strut mount. Was only on the right rear, so luckily Mark's car had brand new ones installed before it was totaled, so swapped it and presto. No noise so far... (Crosses fingers)

The front on the other hand is still squeaky. Sounds almost like a bird chirping. Going to give it some more time though... Could be worn bushings with the added stress of being lowered. I'll post up a pic tomorrow of the final adjustment. Raised the rear up a tad, so it looks a lot better now.

Met another member at the shop today! Small world .