Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new to MA - emissions fail + indy (or not) service repair (mechanic) options

Good luck in MASS Tanner !!

....I have free passes to this weekends Lime Rock Park Sunday Show btw..... lol. Glad you still have your car !!
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Good luck in MASS Tanner !!

....I have free passes to this weekends Lime Rock Park Sunday Show btw..... lol. Glad you still have your car !!
    Thank you Jim! Glad to hear from you. I would have taken you up on your kind offer if I was closer.. Let me know if you are ever in my new neighborhood..

I have plenty of buds in MA (I'm from there actually) with aftermarket tunes and they pass emissions up there.

The SAI system and EGTs will commonly throw the CEL...those were my gremlins on my RS6 with about the same miles as yours. Your 02 sensors good? You don't need to drive 2-300 miles though after clearing codes...just until the readiness codes go green which is like 20-50 miles in many cases. You need the VCDS if you own an Audi, and you already know that !

Anywho, just talking out loud here. I'm sure you will get it thru Tanner.

My son always plays in the Needham Soccer Tourney every summer...let's hook up next year if you are still there....you can take the Black Series for a rip and contemplate jumping ship to a much simpler car that is all motor with the same HP.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    I have plenty of buds in MA (I'm from there actually) with aftermarket tunes and they pass emissions up there.

The SAI system and EGTs will commonly throw the CEL...those were my gremlins on my RS6 with about the same miles as yours. Your 02 sensors good? You don't need to drive 2-300 miles though after clearing codes...just until the readiness codes go green which is like 20-50 miles in many cases. You need the VCDS if you own an Audi, and you already know that !

Anywho, just talking out loud here. I'm sure you will get it thru Tanner.

My son always plays in the Needham Soccer Tourney every summer...let's hook up next year if you are still there....you can take the Black Series for a rip and contemplate jumping ship to a much simpler car that is all motor with the same HP.
    Jim - Sounds like a plan! I am getting my son into soccer this year so that could work. Regardless, I can always be interested anything black series ( I assume it is clk63 but I might be wrong..)

Do you (or your friends) know of a great mechanic in the framingham-newton area (or beyond) area that I can rely on and does not charge too much?

Thank you much!