Thread: Pulled out the DRC - installing Koni FSD's

Pulled out the DRC - installing Koni FSD's

Well it's been a "big" project. Got everything pulled out and started the reinstall with the new. So the Kit came with only 2 circular plates (lower perch support) - I believe there should be 4 - 1 for each new shock. I installed the fronts (with the support plated provided). The DRC system shocks are smaller in diameter than Koni's so the perches (rear) will not fit. I recall reading a post where some one installed a FSD kit - curious if 4 lower support plates were provided. I ordered the kit from Tire Rack - have inquired. Koni (USA) office is closed today.

TIA -

Do the rear shocks have a groove & ring to accept a lower perch? Kit/Model #?

I'm going to guess the specific kit you have is designed for a later A6 where the spring is separate from the shock.

03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Not on the rears. I did receive confirmation back from Koni that there should have been rear perches provided - they shipped out today.

What are the part numbers you ended up using? I looked at koni.com and see several kits none specific to the RS6.

I used p/n 2100-4044 - got it from Tire rack $694 shipped

I recently put these FSDs on my S6 and also thought they forgot to include 2 spring perches. It turns out they were hidden in between some of the cardboard layers. Make sure you take out all pieces of packaging and unfold all of the cardboard pieces.

Also, the FSDs are going to feel really soft compared to the DRCs. They're perfect for our family wagon, but I would not want them on the RS6. Hopefully that's what you want, though.

edit: just saw this was originally posted a month ago...