Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why aren't we discussing this car?

why aren't we discussing this car?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...stingId=0&mmt=[AUDI[RS6[]][]]&listingId=421511297&Log=0

Wow. Not worth 49.9 but definitely worth north of 30 due to Trans, color combo, condition, etc.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Working link here.

Beautiful car, looks brand new. But just a tad high on the price.

I'm told one of 3 full MTM conversions done in the US

big money for sure

Stephen has one of the other ones. He says wicked fast

Where did the RS6 cap come from? I can't find any RS6 apparel except for one RS T-shirt from Romania.
    2003 RS6 - Avus Silver Pearl - Ebony Interior - Warm Weather Package - Carbon Fiber - ACE TC - SE Exhaust

That's a hot car...I'd drop $35k if I had space for an extra. Sh!t will still break on it and cost plenty to fix...and that wood grain, ughhh.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

lswing, good catch on the wood, i didnt catch that/usually catch does it have, warm weather package, CF, SE exhaust, Navi stock, etc. I didnt this time.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.

True story....

I am told that there were only three full conversions done. Techs were flown in from MTM Germany to complete. It appears that all three were black as well. Mine is CRAZY fast, and wouldnt be surprised if HP was closer to 600. Also of interest, the ECU is user tunable for gasoline conditions, and the MTM instructions come with a guide on how to calibrate the ecu.

The exhaust alone was close to $8k USD....

stephen

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I'm told one of 3 full MTM conversions done in the US

big money for sure

Stephen has one of the other ones. He says wicked fast

Quote Originally Posted by jtmdmd1 View Post
    Where did the RS6 cap come from? I can't find any RS6 apparel except for one RS T-shirt from Romania.
    I have one of the caps as well. Used to be available via the audi dealers. Bought mine with my first rs6 in 2005.

stephen

I didn't like the wood trim when I got my car but it's grown on me to the point where I prefer it now. Only exception would be the RS6+ CF. Hnnnnnggg.

Never heard of the wood trim yellowing or cracking like CF....
    And I don't think I'll ever warm up to the Silver interiors though
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Interesting on the black wood trim.

The clear coat does seem thicker. It looks good in person and RS6 only

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    I didn't like the wood trim when I got my car but it's grown on me to the point where I prefer it now. Only exception would be the RS6+ CF. Hnnnnnggg.

Never heard of the wood trim yellowing or cracking like CF....
    And I don't think I'll ever warm up to the Silver interiors though

I didn't like the wood trim when I got my car but it's grown on me to the point where I prefer it now.
    I'll 2nd that. Both my RS6 and S6 have dark wood trim and I think it looks classy. Honestly, the CF trim seems dated to me.

Is that an MTM exhaust or APR/B&B. Was never a fan of the 4 outlets. Happy with my Milltek. Still the oval, just slightly larger than stock. Full MTM but not a manual? The Euro MTM cars were 6spd weren't they? Unless Level10 has improved they've had a lot of bad press for about the last 5+yrs.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Is that an MTM exhaust or APR/B&B. Was never a fan of the 4 outlets. Happy with my Milltek. Still the oval, just slightly larger than stock. Full MTM but not a manual? The Euro MTM cars were 6spd weren't they? Unless Level10 has improved they've had a lot of bad press for about the last 5+yrs.

Yes, that's an MTM 4 pipe exhaust. Has electronically controlled valves that open up at 4K rpm. Makes a huge difference in the sound.

The MTM cars were all auto's as far as I know. They certainly never listed a 6 speed conversion as a part of their pricing online back then. But maybe a few got converted.

Wow sweet MTM RS6

I didn't like the wood trim when I got my car but it's grown on me to the point where I prefer it now. Only exception would be the RS6+
    I didn't like the wood trim when I got my first RS6 & it grew on me too, then I got my second RS6 and ditched the wood in favor of an O-carbon CF set. I could never go back to a wood trim set again & quite frankly I find the quality of the O-carbon product to far exceed the factory CF. This MTM example would benefit from a set of O-carbon or similar quality CF IMHO
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10462875_10204189842687195_82765392674106881_n.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	17476
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencl View Post
    Yes, that's an MTM 4 pipe exhaust. Has electronically controlled valves that open up at 4K rpm. Makes a huge difference in the sound.
    If you ever take your MTM RS6 to Katie's cars & coffee or similar in NOVA please PM b/c me I would love to check it out and would bring my Black RS6 along too. May lead to me buying the other MTM RS6 that's for sale up-thread if it's still on the market!
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    I'll 2nd that. Both my RS6 and S6 have dark wood trim and I think it looks classy. Honestly, the CF trim seems dated to me.
    Ditto that!...
    2003 RS6 l SE Exhaust l Koni Yellow Sports w/stock springs l Lowered 1"F 1.25"R l EPL Tuned l 19 x 9.5 VMR V713 & 265 PSS's l 50% window tint l Protective film on entire hood, bumper and front quarter panels l

Where are my meds!!

i actually have an idea brewing in my head.

Just shoot me

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencl View Post
    True story....

I am told that there were only three full conversions done. Techs were flown in from MTM Germany to complete. It appears that all three were black as well. Mine is CRAZY fast, and wouldnt be surprised if HP was closer to 600. Also of interest, the ECU is user tunable for gasoline conditions, and the MTM instructions come with a guide on how to calibrate the ecu.

The exhaust alone was close to $8k USD....

stephen

So what you are saying Dave is you are going to buy this MTM and convert it to a 6spd, possibly a 6spd, MTM wagon!?

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Where are my meds!!

i actually have an idea brewing in my head.

Just shoot me