Thread: Manual Conversion questions

Manual Conversion questions

1. Did anyone completely remove the Transmission wiring harness, if not what did you do with it, just wire it up? I pulled mine back to where it enters the footwell behind the steering rack but not sure if I want to go through the hassle of pulling it out and de-connecting everything that doesn't apply anymore.
    2. Did you have any problems with the rest of the wiring, clutch interlock, backup lights, etc... How did you tap into ECU pin39 for the Clutch vacuum vent valve switch (F36)/ Was there a pin in the ECU harness or did you have to install one?
    Thanks,
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Wrapped and zip tied the trans harness up then stashed it in a cubby-hole in the frame. Might have put a ziplock back around the connector, don't' remember.

I used the Tip to 6MT harness from Scotty for the backup lights. Again zip tied it out of the way.

When you disassemble the ECU plug there will be a connector for pin 39 that you will remove, solder a wire to and reinstall. Instructions below.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...Swap-%28DBW%29

Edit: I also added a waterproof quick connect between the ECU harness pin 39 wire and the clutch switch so that I can easily disconnect the wire if I need to pull the engine harness from the car again.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Thanks I appreciate it, that info will help. Silly me, I do have the harness from Scotty somewhere too.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

I sense another "Manual RS6 for sale" thread soon...