Thread: Inspection time, having a readiness issue. No CEL. 10secS4 tune.

Inspection time, having a readiness issue. No CEL. 10secS4 tune.

Any suggestions? Anyone w a spare stock ecu care to lend?

Who is this 10secS4...I wouldn't think it should cause a readiness issue.

Did you clear any codes recently? Takes a few hundred miles for things to come back to readiness.

So on a VCDS scan you have nothing? Post the readiness codes and what is 1 or 0, think that's how they read.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Certainly not the time. Had it inspected w tune before. It's been over 2 years w it now. Zero issues or problems. Yes, I just recently put the car back on the road and had a bunch of stuff to clear from dead battery/voltage issues, headlamp leveling codes, etc.... And I certainly haven't done 100+ miles since I re-registered and plated the car again.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Who is this 10secS4...I wouldn't think it should cause a readiness issue.

Did you clear any codes recently? Takes a few hundred miles for things to come back to readiness.

So on a VCDS scan you have nothing? Post the readiness codes and what is 1 or 0, think that's how they read.

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    Yes, I just recently put the car back on the road and had a bunch of stuff to clear from dead battery/voltage issues, headlamp leveling codes, etc.... And I certainly haven't done 100+ miles since I re-registered and plated the car again.
    That'll do it. I went through this last year after getting SAI emissions code before inspection. Fixed, cleared, drove a few hundred miles over a week or two, readiness will reset.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Ok, status update.... Drove the car a stretch, to Mass and back to NY. VCDS shows all readiness checks pass. However, at the inspection station, we are getting this error:

Communication with OBD II port unsuccessful. We had just ran VCDS on it and it was showing readiness passed on all sections. What the crap???? My lap top and VCDS can communicate with OBD II no problem, but the inspection station machine can't?

Somebody had this a while back, think they just tried a different station...and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Somebody had this a while back, think they just tried a different station...and it worked.
    Shall I say several stations (and multiple trips - one told me not come back again) including removing and reinstalling the tune and several theories on ODBII ground issues with multiple emissions checks in between.

Finally at the 5th (at least 20 tests) station it was able to complete on the first attempt. Did I mention I opened a case with the department of air quality and the Audi dealer wanted me to spend $3,500 on a new computer and keys?

No difference in equipment. So start doing the rounds.

I have to do it again next year, so haven't gone back to the station that worked for retesting yet.
    '03 RS6 Daytona Grey - GIAC - Koni's
    '01 9-3 Steel Grey - Stage 3 BSR

Oh man..... hahahaha, that's terrible. I fear I am in the same boat. So basically just retest and retest to the cow's come home and hope and pray it decides to connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbo View Post
    Shall I say several stations (and multiple trips - one told me not come back again) including removing and reinstalling the tune and several theories on ODBII ground issues with multiple emissions checks in between.

Finally at the 5th (at least 20 tests) station it was able to complete on the first attempt. Did I mention I opened a case with the department of air quality and the Audi dealer wanted me to spend $3,500 on a new computer and keys?

No difference in equipment. So start doing the rounds.

I have to do it again next year, so haven't gone back to the station that worked for retesting yet.

I don't think you need to go to the same shop twice - if it fails once, it will continue to fail - so you may save some aggravation there. It will be interesting to see how it turns out for you. Good luck!!
    '03 RS6 Daytona Grey - GIAC - Koni's
    '01 9-3 Steel Grey - Stage 3 BSR

Just do what I do, pay $200 and get it passed NO MATTER WHAT !!
    ( I know a guy who knows a guy )

I know it's not the solution you were looking for, so Good Luck with your issue
    2003 Audi RS6
    Daytona Grey
    APR EMCS