Thread: Aces and BND oil teardown of 140k mile engine

Aces and BND oil teardown of 140k mile engine

Papadocs driveline has been removed and the engine is being inspected before install into the S6 donor.

Inside the engine is perfect and the master tech said the cylinder head ports and valves look brand new.

Papadoc used Aces for years and bnd oils.

The tech wants the BND information asap.

Lol

Nice !!

I'm Glad I went that route when I first bought my RS6
    2003 Audi RS6
    Daytona Grey
    APR EMCS

I found my engines cylinders in perfect condition also, at 140,000 miles. I used the Audi oil all they way through the car's life. I don't think it just the oil, its great materials in the engine block, frequent oil changes, etc.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

I noticed that I turned this milestone the other day, I love the car and she's been very good to me. Shortly after I purchased it, I found a bottle of BND ACES in the trunk compartment next to the air compressor, along with a bottle of the OEM Audi spec oil. This one is running super well hey must be the ACES~!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160516_143147_resized.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	17406
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Papadoc used Aces for years and bnd oils.
    Well, it is nice to know that Brian and his goods have been proven to be beneficial to our engines. Dave, you were if I recall the first to suggest BND, so props to you. Still using it now in RS6 #2. And to think that there were a lot of naysayers calling this snake oil...
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

BCY is well designed for sure and proper servicing does help with any oil used.

The Audi master tech called me as soon as he inspected internals. What was being used in this engine it looks new inside. Lol

He has seen his share of Audi engines.

I was sold on Aces the first time i used it. Then a year later my Quantum Blue Blackstone report sealed the deal. Oil was perfect after 10000 miles of hard running. Blackstone called the report perfect

Brian is now getting recognized in some of the FSI platforms for his oils. His vapor point is so much better that carbon is not developing in the more carbon prone engines. I only said it 5 years ago. Lol

Dave what is your oil change interval with BND...I am approximately at 7200 miles on it for 14 months
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I never get to 10k in a year so I just end up changing around 18 months.

You can change at any time now.

So this stuff is an octane booster? Is it needed on a stock engine?

Quote Originally Posted by atikovi View Post
    OK, that was funny...

Well, maybe you care to enlighten us? The only thing I found Audi related was a thread on Audizine 4 years ago about it that left off with no conclusion whether it was beneficial or snake oil.

No enlightening necessary...This is a thread, started by a reputable member here, about BND's oil additive, and proof that it works......not sure where octane booster came from...

Some good threads over the years. Just search

Lots more than octane booster...esp the oil.

Quote Originally Posted by atikovi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    No enlightening necessary...This is a thread, started by a reputable member here, about BND's oil additive, and proof that it works......not sure where octane booster came from...
    Did you miss the part about Aces IV, fuel additive, octane booster?

I'd say it probably won't hurt, but how much it helps to "clean" the engine, can't say.

Running stock tune, probably no reason to add octane booster. Running a stronger tune, it did help me some a bit when I was using it. I stopped using it once I added the water meth kit, along with finding better fuel sources.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Never heard of the stuff before this thread and thought you have to pay $8-$10 a gallon for race gas. 40 cents a gallon to raise 93 octane to 102 octane effect sounds too good to be true. But what is that "effect" in their description supposed to mean? I bought a car (not Audi) that had a turbo kit installed and the previous owner damaged one piston because of detonation, so after putting it back together, I'm leary of getting on it using pump gas. Sounds like an ideal solution if it works as claimed.

Yea, I'd say it only raises Octane by 2-4 points, guessing. I did a bit of data logging after running it, and my car ran a bit better, cooler, seemed to hold a bit more timing. The fact it should clean things is another plus, just not sure it's really needed.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Just run a little bit of Torco if you need it.