Thread: I'm on a roll...another wierd issue!

I'm on a roll...another wierd issue!

My turn signals wont blink on the dash. Actual turn signals light up but won't blink. Wtf? Anyone experience this? Fuse maybe?? Help!! :-)

I had a similar issue in that I could manually make my turn signal work by moving the stalk up and down but could not get it to operate otherwise.

For me I had to replace the emergency flasher module (as the turn signals are integrated into that same component). It is the component behind the red triangle button on the dash. Took my mechanic 5 min to swap out.
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

On the dash they just light up solid...no blinking

Nice thanks. I'll start looking online for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bakes View Post
    I had a similar issue in that I could manually make my turn signal work by moving the stalk up and down but could not get it to operate otherwise.

For me I had to replace the emergency flasher module (as the turn signals are integrated into that same component). It is the component behind the red triangle button on the dash. Took my mechanic 5 min to swap out.
    What he said, this happened on my pearl grey metallic RS6 was the hazard switch hope you get it sorted I remember being like WTF, it was super annoying
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Thanks guys. Ordered the part from autohausaz for $30.

yup....me too...same issue...same fix...

I just pressed the hazard a couple of times when i had this issue - fixed!
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

That means it's on it's way out. Back when I had an s4 and before I replaced the hazard switch on the rs6, I was able to tap it with my fist and it would work for another month.
    Quote Originally Posted by LIRS6 View Post
    I just pressed the hazard a couple of times when i had this issue - fixed!
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Yep, hazard switch. In allroad, my a4, my a6 4.2 and in my rs6. Glad you got it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kgnast View Post
    Yep, hazard switch. In allroad, my a4, my a6 4.2 and in my rs6. Glad you got it sorted.
    Thanks man. Any idea how that thing pops out? I have the part but it all of a sudden started working again, I know it's on the way out tho

Pull off the face plate dash piece surrounding it, (clips), then pry out the hazard switch with something handy..... It just pulls out of it's perch, then disconnect the wire harness/plug and replace with the new unit, press back in place, press back dash piece surround, eh voila. Working blinkers. ))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O30mteRWWUA

Quote Originally Posted by vas160s View Post
    Thanks man. Any idea how that thing pops out? I have the part but it all of a sudden started working again, I know it's on the way out tho