Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just ran new logs...

Oh, and yea, you can just log "requested lambda" and injection time. Your AFR should generally follow the lambda request unless you max IDC (calculated as "inj time" * "rpm" / 1200). That part is only true for "moderately" altered software, though.

EDIT: weird, the "specified lambda" is supposed to show in gr. 31, but your log has zeros there. I don't use VCDS myself, so can't say whether that's normal or not.
    Last edited by nubcake; April 17th, 2016 at 23:23.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Yes, then let's see that!

I haven't connected the wideband to my laptop before. Gotta find the cable and software and then I will try and log from it. At WOT the gauge is usually around 13.2-13.4. Normal driving its 14.7-14.9. lol and when I blow a boost hose off it flashes and reads in the low 9s

13.2-13.4 indeed sounds too lean. "Normal driving" is supposed to be lambda 1, so around 14.7.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    13.2-13.4 indeed sounds too lean. "Normal driving" is supposed to be lambda 1, so around 14.7.
    Yep, was just going to say the same. 12.5 AFR under full boost is about where you want to be.

You should log your EGT's, they could be nice and hot since you're running lean.

Wait, I thought Lambda didn't matter at all I've seen many logs, and they do give a general indicator, lean tunes almost always low .9's to .8's. But I agree, no means to exact a tune by. Timing, EGT tell you lots.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Yep, was just going to say the same. 12.5 AFR under full boost is about where you want to be.

You should log your EGT's, they could be nice and hot since you're running lean.

Wait, I thought Lambda didn't matter at all I've seen many logs, and they do give a general indicator, lean tunes almost always low .9's to .8's. But I agree, no means to exact a tune by. Timing, EGT tell you lots.
    I used the word "lambda" as a synonym for AFR. Basically, you can convert one to another by multiplying (or dividing) by 14.7.
    If we're talking about narrow band O2 sensors - I still stand by the point I made earlier: NBO2 voltages are generally meaningless. It can as well be pig rich at, say 0.85. Just doesn't matter anything, really.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    I used the word "lambda" as a synonym for AFR. Basically, you can convert one to another by multiplying (or dividing) by 14.7.
    If we're talking about narrow band O2 sensors - I still stand by the point I made earlier: NBO2 voltages are generally meaningless. It can as well be pig rich at, say 0.85. Just doesn't matter anything, really.
    I would agree, mostly...I've seen at least 10-15 groups of logs from these cars, and the one's running hot EGT's or lean, tended to also be on the lower scale for the NBO2.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

It's lean

could use more boost

any other questions