Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shakedown runs in ol #4

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    I'm thinking about hitting the strip before my 6-speed swap gets going. I'd like to set a baseline for the car when it's completely stock. That said, how would you launch if you didn't care about the transmission?
    Not to get too far off subject, but let me know if/when you go!
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPDX View Post
    That said, how would you launch if you didn't care about the transmission?
    Duck foot rat technique...something close to below.

Hold brake pedal with left foot. With right foot, rev engine to a comfortable point ~3k. Quickly do this a second time. You should notice/hear boost starting to spool. Quickly do this a third time, and when your revs are up, foot off the brake. All power/revs/boost should hit your driveline nice and hard.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/23...foot-rat-lives
    Last edited by lswing; May 2nd, 2016 at 20:55.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Got it, I'll have to practice that technique a bit.

I'll post when I'm heading to the strip if anyone wants to join me. I'm planning to do the Late Night drags at Portland International Raceway. I've done those in the past and they are fun because they are less formal and get a wide variety of cars. It also helps from a temperature perspective to be doing runs at 11pm! My new SA2015 helmet shows up today, so should be soon.

I've tried that dang duck rat foot thing for three years now and never figured it out lol. Went with a tune with launch control. But trying to get a new tune anyways. Will try the duck ray foot thing again I guess...

12.63 @ 112mph
    1.9 60ft

Baseline done. All stock just flash

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    12.63 @ 112mph
    1.9 60ft

very nice...was with #4 on a different tune?
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Yes #4

Same stage 1 tune

It could use more timing but I'm happy with the results. All cats in place and all stock.

LS3 Grand Sport vette came with exhaust and a new tune. He went home with crow and tail between his legs. He managed a 12.72 once but struggled with traction.

It didnt hurt...that I had consistant .06 reaction times. Lol

Yes #4Same stage 1 tune It could use more timing but I'm happy with the results. All cats in place and all stock.LS3 Grand Sport vette came with exhaust and a new tune. He went home with crow and tail between his legs. He managed a 12.72 once but struggled with traction.It didnt hurt...that I had consistant .06 reaction times. Lol
    Sooooooo I can ship you my ECU and you can flash it right? Lol. Was in contact with Marc and then he went MIA like mid text....been over a week and still silence
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

NICE, If I try that my transmission will fly out the back..... once my RS is back on the road, it's going to be driving miss daisy....

12.63 @ 112mph
    1.9 60ft

'18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    Not to get too far off subject, but let me know if/when you go!
    I'm thinking I'll head down to PIR tonight for the Late Night Drags. I will probably shoot for around 8pm, which should give me enough time to get multiple runs, and the temp will have cooled down a bit.

Is anyone spraying the intercoolers with water between runs? I'm debating if I want to bring a water bottle spray setup with me.

Yes

i use ice water from a 30oz insulated bike water bottles. Keep a cooler back at the pits full of ice.

Makes a a big difference esp when you have aux coolers intact. I need to pull mine

Well you might see me there, if the rain holds off anyway.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Yes

i use ice water from a 30oz insulated bike water bottles. Keep a cooler back at the pits full of ice.

Makes a a big difference esp when you have aux coolers intact. I need to pull mine
    Get them pesky heat soaking sumbich's outta there! That said, I would leave them in a warm weather daily driver...and that said, I noticed instant gains once removing mine.

You all need to just setup a CO2 sprayer system for the IC's, tank mount in trunk, toggle on dash. I was about to, then started breaking transmissions and figured I had enough power.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    You all need to just setup a CO2 sprayer system for the IC's, tank mount in trunk, toggle on dash. I was about to, then started breaking transmissions and figured I had enough power.
    LOL! GO!

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

You don't live in Mexizona. The blast furnace is about to go in the red

i know the aux rads need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Get them pesky heat soaking sumbich's outta there! That said, I would leave them in a warm weather daily driver...and that said, I noticed instant gains once removing mine.

Hi Guys, just wanted to update my results from Friday. Best run was 13.54 at 104.6. My 60' were consistently 2.1, I tried a couple different launch techniques, but none of them made much difference. I only got 6 passes in, so I really did not have much opportunity to practice. I've never really practiced on the street either, so certainly some room for improvement there.

For reference, my car is bone stock, stock tune, full weight, including spare, all accessories and a factory behemoth battery. The only thing not original is the BBS 19" wheels. They should be a bit lighter than stock, which might have bought me a tenth.

I think the biggest factor slowing me down was heat. My dash temp was showing 84 on my first pass, and never got below 79, even close to 10pm when the track shut down. It was also a bit more humid than normal (for Oregon) because a rain front was heading in that night. There was a very clear correlation between cool-down time and performance. My best run was after letting the car sit with the hood open for about 30 minutes. The few passes I made where I "hot lapped", and went right back into the staging line, cost me several 10th's each time. My worst run was a 14.0 at 102.6.

All things considered, the car did OK, probably in-line with where it should be with poor air and an average driver. This was my baseline, the car goes down for the 6-speed swap in two weeks. I'm not planning any performance mods during the swap, just maintenance stuff, but I do plan to pull the aux radiators. I'm actually planning to run the car after the swap, but before the re-tune to see how it runs. Then I'll get the Stage 1 tune and see how she does.

Then I start saving for the big-turbo/intercooler/meth upgrade!

I'm pretty happy with my 12.63 @ 112. Pretty much stock and running in AZ with temps getting up a bit.

This is is on my 113k mile project fixer. It's well sorted and dang fast.

Let me tell you 12.63 is on another planet from 13.54. There is a ton of performance on the table.

I'm pretty happy with my 12.63 @ 112. Pretty much stock and running in AZ with temps getting up a bit.

This is is on my 113k mile project fixer. It's well sorted and dang fast.

Let me tell you 12.63 is on another planet from 13.54. There is a ton of performance on the table.
    Yeah, trapping 7+mph more, so you're definitely putting down significantly more power. Mine could be losing boost through leaks too, but hard to tell without some data logging. When I have it apart, I plan to test/reseal the intercoolers, and I'll certain do some logging when it's all back together.