Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: If you sold your RS6, what would be your next car?

Let the fun begin. Watch out idjuits

Nice,, arrest me Red....LOL....."Jaded RS6 owner under extreme financial hardship" my A&&......

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

I'm sorting out all the little things on my car now because it's time to move on. I'll go for either an Aston Martin Vantage V8 or a Porsche 996 Turbo if it's been done right, but since I rarely drive (I ride motorcycles 95% of the time) I'm in no hurry.
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post

Weren't you converting an S6 to an RS6, too? What's the status on that?
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

top of my wants for my next car is an RS7..but will need to find a nicely devalued one a little down the road , my next "daily" will either be a TTRS or an RS5..leaning TTRS as i plan on keeping my RS6 till death do us part..lol ..oh and in 12 yrs i WILL import an RS6 or RS4 avant !! ..mark my words .haha

RS5 is a nice car, great engine sound....

I have a friend who has had his TTRS since new, and drives it year round. nice car too.

What I spent 'repairing' my RS6 in the last year could have been a very nice down payment on an RS7......

Mike
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

I donated the donor RS6 to the cause but it's Stephens car.

Done and on the road

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    Weren't you converting an S6 to an RS6, too? What's the status on that?

I'm also leaning towards the new TTRS (comes to N. America soon. 100lbs lighter with 40bhp more than the last model plus a lot of other improvements. Plus it's Turbocharged and capable of easily bumping up another 100bhp. RS5....not Turbo'd and not capable with much more bhp without dumping a lot of money into it (re: Supercharged which of course will add weight).
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    RS5 is a nice car, great engine sound....

I have a friend who has had his TTRS since new, and drives it year round. nice car too.

What I spent 'repairing' my RS6 in the last year could have been a very nice down payment on an RS7......

Mike
    ..lol..i'm seriously the luckiest RS6 owner on the planet it appears.. i keep seeing horror stories from some owners ..when i bought mine at 98k it had a slipping trans , fixed it 5k miles later with a level 10 TC and a used trans and the car is now at 133k since last march and the only CEL that has come on is for the SAI pump and i clear it every 2k miles or so ..at one point i bought a new '09 subie STi in 2008 and it was in the shop before 4k miles and again at 8k and again at 15k ..i finally got rid of that gas guzzling lemon and found my way into a VW Phaeton that was issue free for 60k till a deer totaled it ..but that turned me into an audiholic and i have loved not seeing my mechanic since april..lol ..now added a winter beater and future swap donor 2.7 6 spd A6 and am having a blast with it too..lol .

but yeah the TTRS looks like a fun package ., rs5's are cool , but with an rs6 staying in my garage the TTRS is a different route all together
    Last edited by hoam skooled; October 16th, 2016 at 08:17.

Luckiest? I've had 6 and counting

no real issues with mine as well.
    Last edited by DHall1; October 16th, 2016 at 16:49.

i mean that mine hasnt had any issues ..thats why i feel lucky

no real issues with mine as well.
    So not one of them has had any leaks? Worn parts?

I did not have a 'disaster' just an oil leak that was a PITA to get to to fix. The other issue was the DRC LOL and now the CCT. Had my mechanic replaced them in 2014 when the parts were found in the oil pain, I would have avoided the current issue. Are all your torque converters original?

Mike

Most of mine were ultra low mile examples

those are still at 50 and 80k today

one at 110k but had most of the stuff already replaced

one at 150k with most of the stuff replaced

one late vin still has oe trans and converter!

as Kenny Rodgers says

you gotta know when to hold em and know when to fold em

So not one of them has had any leaks? Worn parts?

I did not have a 'disaster' just an oil leak that was a PITA to get to to fix. The other issue was the DRC LOL and now the CCT. Had my mechanic replaced them in 2014 when the parts were found in the oil pain, I would have avoided the current issue. Are all your torque converters original?

Mike

You had implied that your RS6's were magic and did not have issues! LOL

You had implied that your RS6's were magic and did not have issues! LOL
    as i stated , as far as mine goes .. i put a trans and level 10 TC in like 25k-30k miles ago..3,000 bux for parts n labor..thats only issue i've had ..i do oil changes every 7k and not a drop comes off the dip stick and it stays so clear it's hard to see..i use liqui-moly in my motor and trans ..oh and the SAI pump triggers a CEL every 2k miles or so..just got home from a 300 mile drive with my fiance' today to go look at fall colors ..part of how i've put 35k miles on it in 7-8 months (March '16) ..always going somewhere ..lol .i'm at 133k miles now and already more trouble free than the STi i got new with "4.9" miles on it back in '08 ..the only car i have had (out of hundreds) that has been this trouble free was my 4.2 phaeton i put 60k miles on it 14 months before a deer decided i needed an RS6 :P . thats the car that turned into an Audiholic ..and now i'm having fun with my winter beater future trans donor manual c5 A6 ..stage 1.. 209 k miles and it drives n runs like a new car and way quicker than i assumed these would be ..pretty fun little beater . going to enjoy the winter . the RS6 did great last winter going through northern michigan snow on half life conti extremes but it will be nice to have a stunt double for winter and auto-cross type things..

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I'm also leaning towards the new TTRS (comes to N. America soon. 100lbs lighter with 40bhp more than the last model plus a lot of other improvements. Plus it's Turbocharged and capable of easily bumping up another 100bhp. RS5....not Turbo'd and not capable with much more bhp without dumping a lot of money into it (re: Supercharged which of course will add weight).
    when it first came out, I did not take the TTRS seriously. Maybe some lingering prejudice about the TT being a "girls car". It sure as hell is on my radar now!
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Twinsies!

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I read up on the new TTRS while ago and seems very cool even if semi-hefty $60k+ base for a midget car. I think it would be a tough call bw it and new Cayman/Boxster S. Similar price, TT has one more cylinder and little more horsepower and AWD and lil quicker launch and styling esp. front way better than previous IMO and def. rarer than Porsche although the RS badge def. doesn't carry the same level of rarity and panache as did back in the CR RS6 days (are new RSs models still fully made by Quattro GmBH? Idk). Porsche is little lighter - Cayman anyway, RWD can have its fun advantages and well.... its a Porsche... and there is no substitute. I doubt the Audi chassis and suspension would match the compliant yet appropriately rigid butteryness of the Porsche secret sauce. And can get Porsche in stick, TTRS I think not but not sure. Both should have super interiors but only seen TTRS pics.

I can imagine it being a deal where I talked myself into the TTRS bc of cool / rarity factor but after driving back to back I might come home in the Porsche. If there are any TTRSs in my area for tests I'm going to try one out. 400 awd hp in that little cupcake must be fun and turn up the turbos = really fun. The Cayman/Boxster Ss have variable vane geometry in the turbos, the non Ss no and makes big difference, not sure about TTRS.... could look it up but I'd rather post half-baked thoughts and questions right about now.