Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owner in PA

Quote Originally Posted by spoolinrs6 View Post
    welcome to the euro family brotha! you just moved closer to a lot of euro shows you can go to and enjoy on the east coast!
    Looking forward to it. I heard Pittsburgh has a nice vintage grand prix every year. Might hit that up.

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Price them all for the same brand but also try www.autohausaz.com as I founds some very good deals from them on name brand parts.
    Thanks for the tip. Still better to replace the entire arm, rather than trying to punch that old bushing out?

Quote Originally Posted by mgmarsh39 View Post
    Looks like a blast! Were you invited, or was it open to the public? Would love to do that someday. I've only been to Sebring once in the 10 years I lived in FL. Kind of regret not going more. I did finally get to visit Laguna Seca a couple years ago when I went to the Pebble Beach Concourse. Checked off my bucket list!
    I get emails from Audi Sport Experience a couple months before each event. I've been going to Watkins Glen for several years, and got hooked up with ASE about 4 years ago now when they brought the hospitality package along. I don't know if they'll bring the full setup to the Glen this year, because last year was kind of a low turnout.

Price this year at Sebring was $300 for the 4-day event. The suite and car corral were only available on Friday and Saturday, but the ticket was still good for admission and parking Wed/Thur. Breakfast, lunch and dinner Fri/Sat, beer and wine all day Saturday, parade laps in our cars, hot laps in the S3 and RS5, meet&greet with all drivers of the four R8s in the race, paddock and hot pit tours, race day updates every 3 hours with Tom Kristensen, Allan McNish and Brad Kettler. I'm going to WGI and Road America for sure this summer, want to get to Austin also. The first two won't be as involved because of the smaller crowd, but they'll have a suite at COTA, and the Le Mans prototypes will be there as well.

***UPDATE***

My check has cleared, and the docs should be on my door step today! I have a truck lined up to collect Friday. Fingers crossed I can have the car early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by bmlee007 View Post
    I get emails from Audi Sport Experience a couple months before each event. I've been going to Watkins Glen for several years, and got hooked up with ASE about 4 years ago now when they brought the hospitality package along. I don't know if they'll bring the full setup to the Glen this year, because last year was kind of a low turnout.

Price this year at Sebring was $300 for the 4-day event. The suite and car corral were only available on Friday and Saturday, but the ticket was still good for admission and parking Wed/Thur. Breakfast, lunch and dinner Fri/Sat, beer and wine all day Saturday, parade laps in our cars, hot laps in the S3 and RS5, meet&greet with all drivers of the four R8s in the race, paddock and hot pit tours, race day updates every 3 hours with Tom Kristensen, Allan McNish and Brad Kettler. I'm going to WGI and Road America for sure this summer, want to get to Austin also. The first two won't be as involved because of the smaller crowd, but they'll have a suite at COTA, and the Le Mans prototypes will be there as well.
    Do I just sign up on Audi's website? If not, can you shoot me a link. Very interested. Would love to be able to attend something like that. Thanks for the info.

***UPDATE 3/31/16***

The car has been released and my carrier is scheduled to pick up tomorrow or Saturday. The carrier told me it's about a 4-5 day transit, so it's looking like Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Getting excited!

She is loaded up and rolling! The carrier left around 2pm Pacific time, hoping to see her Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I asked my salesman to take a few pictures for condition reasons... Let's just say, he isn't a photographer lol.

beautiful car !!.. i hope she treats you well.. i have a trans being shipped to my mechanic monday and i will be having it put in as soon as it arrives.. i cant wait to drive it without issue for the first time ever ..lol ..i see you have the digital navi screen upgraded radio.. i dont have any options but the black tip exhaust .. i thought many were standard that i dont have..mines pretty stripped down , just the black exhaust , which i hear is good..lol ..i assumed they all had solar sun roofs and and sun shades and .other options.. i dont have the carbon fibre trim either.. but i actually prefer the wood... i'm stoked for you.. such an awesome car .. i saw others say they saw it listed for a good deal.. what did you pay?.. i paid 12k for 98k miles ..i have 104,567 now in a lil over a month..lol .but being burned on the trans put it at 15k ..lol ..still a decent deal..it's mint..just need a manual swap some day hopefully before the new/used trans fails ..lol..other than that slip it's been great car already, you shouldnt need to worry about reliability as long as you dont race it every weekend..lol

Quote Originally Posted by hoam skooled View Post
    beautiful car !!.. i hope she treats you well.. i have a trans being shipped to my mechanic monday and i will be having it put in as soon as it arrives.. i cant wait to drive it without issue for the first time ever ..lol ..i see you have the digital navi screen upgraded radio.. i dont have any options but the black tip exhaust .. i thought many were standard that i dont have..mines pretty stripped down , just the black exhaust , which i hear is good..lol ..i assumed they all had solar sun roofs and and sun shades and .other options.. i dont have the carbon fibre trim either.. but i actually prefer the wood... i'm stoked for you.. such an awesome car .. i saw others say they saw it listed for a good deal.. what did you pay?.. i paid 12k for 98k miles ..i have 104,567 now in a lil over a month..lol .but being burned on the trans put it at 15k ..lol ..still a decent deal..it's mint..just need a manual swap some day hopefully before the new/used trans fails ..lol..other than that slip it's been great car already, you shouldnt need to worry about reliability as long as you dont race it every weekend..lol
    Thanks man, I am super excited! I paid 16.5k plus 900 to ship, so I'm all in 17.4k with 75k miles on the clock.

It actually has a Pioneer head unit. I think it's either a AVIC 7000 NEX or 8000 NEX. In saying that, I think mine is pretty stripped down too. Doing a VIN decode on it, I didn't see any options pop out. I'd like to swap out the pioneer for the factory nav unit one of these days. My first order of business is the 75k timing belt job. Scouting a good shop now.

Black exhaust? That one is new to me, any details?

Well, my PPI came back clean on the trans so, I really hope to get a few miles out of the ol' girl before needing to do that kind of work. My commute is only 6 miles each way, so my hope is during the summer months to take it "somewhat" easy .

More pics to come as soon as she shows up!

wow.. yup you did very well !!.. congrats man !! ..luckily mine had just has turbos , timing ,struts and other big tasks already done just before i got it..so i'm hoping after the trans i can enjoy a trouble free ride a while ..yeah i just have the factory bose boring looking cassette / cd player..it sounds awesome !!..maybe stripped down means less things to go wrong.. my car before this was a vw Phaeton (4.2) ..so this thing feels very stripped down..lol ..i miss lots of the fancy gadgets the phaeton had..like the heated steering wheel with all the controls on it ..really miss that ..the rear sunshade i had on the phaeton was cool ..hideaway woodgrain dash ..stash spot where the vents were hidden..lol ..the nice big navi screen with all the things to play around with (trip computer things) .gps time set ..i miss being able to raise and lower the ride height and change from soft to sport ...rs6 rides a lil harsh .. but it's a smooth highway traveler

things i dont like about the design of the rs6 .... the trunk release keeps getting pressed when i get out of the car ..so when i get in i get ready to drive off and it shows the trunk open on the screen ..lol.. the cruise control is annoying , i bright people sometimes when setting it and clicking "resume" is awkward..need to pull it back with your thumb nail..easier just to reset it..lol.. at least it's always on.. the phaeton you had to turn cruise "on" when started .. but all in all it's a great car
    Last edited by hoam skooled; April 3rd, 2016 at 18:08.

Very Nice....Enjoy....

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Black tipped exhaust is the "SE" or Special Edition, $1k option from factory, sounds a bit better, more open I guess or different resonators. Silver tipped chrome exhaust is the standard version.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Black tipped exhaust is the "SE" or Special Edition, $1k option from factory, sounds a bit better, more open I guess or different resonators. Silver tipped chrome exhaust is the standard version.
    ty for the info. i had never even noticed till it was pointed out to me .. i think its this cars only option..lol.. maybe it's a stripped down race version...lol.. also good to know because i have pondered replacing the mufflers with straight pipes or smaller mufflers .. but maybe i already have a good enough set up..its pretty quiet ..i do plan on gutting cats .. fresh wash was the other day..love how shiny it gets post wash .. that 3 days ago .. today we are getting 8'' of snow ...it goes through the snow well at least ..lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaashiney.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	17212

just now.. ..lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	17213

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    It's Sound Enhanced exhaust, also adds 5 Hp. (LOL, you can really feel the extra 5 hp, really!)
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    It's Sound Enhanced exhaust, also adds 5 Hp. (LOL, you can really feel the extra 5 hp, really!)
    yay!! ..bonus..lol.. when i go in for my transectomy next week i'm going to see if they will gut my cats for me while its apart ..i wish they would call me in for a day when its apart so i could inspect it n do shit to it ..lol
    Last edited by hoam skooled; April 4th, 2016 at 00:57.

Cool, learn something new everyday!

Yeesh hoam skooled, where you live? We got about 2-3 inches here . I thought it was spring!

northern michigan ..way up.."the U.P." above the bridge ...i dont think these spring showers are bringing flowers ..lol

Traverse City?

i'm actually above that .. in the upper peninsula.. but my fiance' lives in T.C. and i grew up there and i go there a lot ..180 mile drive south ..she got a little more than i did today