Thread: New wolf rebirth of an RS6

New wolf rebirth of an RS6

My RS6 underwent a major transformation;
    From timing belt to transmission, the car underwent a major rework.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine-disassembled-1.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	17090Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tranny-1.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	17091Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valve-cover-leak-1.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	17092Click image for larger version. 

Name:	engine-timing-1.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	17095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tranny-2.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	17096Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poor-baby-2.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	17093Click image for larger version. 

Name:	down-pipes-2.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	17094

Timing belt
    Tensioner
    Water pump
    Valve cover gasket
    Front Uppers and Lowers
    New rotors (4 corners)
    New pads
    Lambda sensors
    New Diverters
    New Down pipes
    Rebuilt Tranny
    New TC
    New DRC front shocks
    New Water temp controller
    New exhaust clamps
    New Spark plugs
    ECU flash
    TCU flash
    Various maintenance items once engine was out

. As you can see from one pic , the timing was off . The ECU flash was a Rombotis tune, which tends to make more power via timing advance, while keeping the torque curve flat , which gives you exceptional acceleration. The object of my tune was to keep the Beast street drivable. The TCU flash in conjunction with the TC's new stall speed could make for an interesting launch. But I did not put the Beast through its paces, as it is still in breakin mode. I still have a few ideas for my next stage, but I might limit all of this to a much better exhaust and Inter-coolers. I would love to mod an Akrapovic exhaust system for a C5

The work was performed at Rombotis Tuning in Montreal and Tranny at Eastern Transmission in Montreal

Cant wait to see what she can do this Spring.
    Last edited by tightgroup; February 18th, 2016 at 02:47.

Glad you revived the beast. Looks like an expensive parts and labor list.
    Daytona Grey/ Ebony/Carbon | APR ECU/TCU | Wagner intercoolers, silicone hoses | Clampco T-bolts | APR axel back exhaust | Apikol MAF seal | 18x9.5 STR 609s | 265/35 Michelin PSS | Hotchkis sway bars |

Wow, that's an impressive list of items. How many miles/kms are on it?

Excellent work, thanks for sharing. How much you selling for now?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

looks familiar, but your transmission is so,....SHINEY! Has that new tranny look Me want! How much?
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Interesting pic of the leak near the valve cover. I have the same type leak and have replaced all the gaskets to no avail. Only on the passenger side am I having this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 6172crew View Post
    Interesting pic of the leak near the valve cover. I have the same type leak and have replaced all the gaskets to no avail. Only on the passenger side am I having this issue.
    Noticed this also. Maybe just a design or fit issue. Seems to routinely leak even once replaced.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by 6172crew View Post
    Now that you guys mention it, my S6's 4.2L has the same leak on the passenger side, even after replacing the valve cover gaskets and all other plugs and seals. It's annoying because it randomly drips oil on the hot exhaust manifold and the HVAC blower sucks that smell into the cabin.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    Wow, that's an impressive list of items. How many miles/kms are on it?
    As of this writing she has 242,000 km , she is my daily driver...

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    Now that you guys mention it, my S6's 4.2L has the same leak on the passenger side, even after replacing the valve cover gaskets and all other plugs and seals. It's annoying because it randomly drips oil on the hot exhaust manifold and the HVAC blower sucks that smell into the cabin.
    I'm wondering if we can see anything from the valve train pic that would explain this occurrence..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valve-train-1.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	17110

My passenger side valve cover had a very small crack that was the cause of my leak...

On my car after i replaced it was the half moon gasket back there, think it was a little crooked, but that fixed it so far.

use glue lol.
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Tightgroup, your timing pic just tells me that the engine isn't at TDC, was it in this position while the T40005 Cam holding tool installed? If so, then yes, the cams are probably off one tooth. At higher RPM's this could cause a burnt valve if run hard but isn't enough to cause any interference. Also the Audi 3391 crankshaft holding tool is a must too.
    Last edited by hahnmgh63; March 7th, 2016 at 03:28.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Tightgroup, your timing pic just tells me that the engine isn't at TDC, was it in this position while the T40005 Cam holding tool installed? If so you then yes, the cams are probably off one tooth. At higher RPM's this could cause a burnt valve if run hard but isn't enough to cause any interference. Also the Audi 3391 crankshaft holding tool is a must too.
    Ye I agree with you. That is why I posted the pic, this was my first tear down and thats what we found. I purchased the car mid year 2015.. so buyer beware.. The car is livier, and the TCU flash makes a difference especially in S . I need to pool my cash for other things I want done, but mostly cosmetic..

Glad to see it being brought back to life! Kudos sir. These get rarer and rarer.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes