Thread: thinking of selling... not sure what she's worth?

thinking of selling... not sure what she's worth?

Hey guys, just starting to consider selling here in Phoenix. I have a Misano Red 140,000 miles car. Interior I'd think is average. Seats in pretty good condition with no tears, and no bolster wear through. Rears looks great and were rarely used. Car has OC.T tune ($2800 back in 2006), which has been amazing and has given me zero troubles since installed. Only bad thing I can think of is recently clipped a curb on the passenger side scratching up the running board. Car runs STRONG.

The Good stuff..
    Milltek racing cats
    Milltek exhaust ($5000 back in 2006! OUCH!)
    i still have stock cats with 4500 miles if you need (or if anyone wants to buy separately)

@ 125,000
    New transmission
    New Turbos
    New Torque Converter
    New Starter
    New Timing Belt
    New Water Pump
    New Power steering pump
    All new coolant hoses
    Intercoolers resealed
    Multiple sensors replaced
    Multiple hoses replaced

Basically, at 125k my transmission let go. At that point it was "Well, the engine is out... what else should I do while it's sitting at the shop?"
    Receipts to the tune of $13000 at that time
    All dealer serviced (Audi Of North Scottsdale) until 115,000 miles (extended warranty ran out).
    This was a no short cuts car regarding all servicing and maintenance issues for the time i've had the car (at 4000 miles)

Any input guys?

Phoenix Arizona fwiw.

gerry

I thought I heard Dave mumbling something about #5?

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    I thought I heard Dave mumbling something about #5?
    Well, he doesn't have a red one...or his sanity.

Seems you could get around $25k to the right party, but $20k seems more average with these aging.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

G

Let me take the stock cats off your hands. Where can i pickup?

I'm in north phoenix... 101/bell road on the west side of town. I think i'll probably hang on for maybe 6 months or a year and list... unless someone wants to plop down a fair price in the meantime. I'm thinking of a newer vanilla mobile, or maybe nothing. The ride's been great, but I've got 6 old cars in a constant rotation at the tech's shop... right now i gotta S2000 getting a head gasket, the RS6 is having a coolant leak fixed courtesy of a faulty clamp, my F250 has a PS leak.. my Landcruiser has a rear main leak.. my NSX has started smoking while cold... Only car that's trouble free is my Ford GT.

I have 4 RS6s in a constant rotation to my back garage for waxing. Oh wait, I did just tear apart #4 and fix a bunch of sh! t.

I called your guy Jeff but then fixed it myself.

If you dont need the downpipes i can sneak up there some time.

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    I'm in north phoenix... 101/bell road on the west side of town. I think i'll probably hang on for maybe 6 months or a year and list... unless someone wants to plop down a fair price in the meantime. I'm thinking of a newer vanilla mobile, or maybe nothing. The ride's been great, but I've got 6 old cars in a constant rotation at the tech's shop... right now i gotta S2000 getting a head gasket, the RS6 is having a coolant leak fixed courtesy of a faulty clamp, my F250 has a PS leak.. my Landcruiser has a rear main leak.. my NSX has started smoking while cold... Only car that's trouble free is my Ford GT.
    Typically there is too much smoke from the rear tires...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    my NSX has started smoking while cold...
    Have never ever heard of this as a problem with any NSX. What is your mileage/mods, etc?
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Seems like right now it's a buyers market for these cars, I purchased my car a month ago for 16K at a Volvo dealer. It's Avus Silver with 104k miles, exterior is in excellent shap (still had factory clear bra) as well as the interior. It needed a few plastic interior pieces due to peeling or broken(HL switch, mirror switch bezel, cup holder) Also had good service records through 90k miles on carfax. Anywho I looked for cars all over the US and it seems mileage and mods determine selling price. All the maintenance you've done is a good selling point I would guess you could get around $20k for it.

yeah, i got a steal of a deal i think ..mugello blue , white interior and it runs n drives new..sounds new.i cant even hear the motor..lol..it had almost 30k$ put in before i got it for $12,900 with a lil over 100k miles ....it's a lot of car ..and it doesnt have a scratch on it , inside or outside

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Have never ever heard of this as a problem with any NSX. What is your mileage/mods, etc?
    He is turbo'd.......courtesy of SOS, if I recall correctly
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)