Thread: meant to post this yesterday for na1mt

meant to post this yesterday for na1mt

Ron may need both rear hubs replaced, he sent me a pic, but i didn't see anything wrong from it. so basically, he busted a rim on a pothole, replaced it with stock rim with out spacer, used long wheel bolts. bolts kept the wheel from turning. he tried to move forward twice, then reversed twice. dealer said hubs need replaced. so if anyone has a line on them, please post up links here for him.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Is he talking about 8E0505436P right and 8E0505435P, wheel bearing housing? $520 new but it looks like they were used on a lot more than just the RS6. According to Genuine it looks like they were used on most A6's from 2002-2004 which should make them easier to find.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-Audi-A6...1UrY2n&vxp=mtr
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    Ron may need both rear hubs replaced, he sent me a pic, but i didn't see anything wrong from it. so basically, he busted a rim on a pothole, replaced it with stock rim with out spacer, used long wheel bolts. bolts kept the wheel from turning. he tried to move forward twice, then reversed twice. dealer said hubs need replaced. so if anyone has a line on them, please post up links here for him.
    So he used a longer bolt without a spacer and stock wheel? use the stock length bolts without the spacer the longer bolts are not allowing the Hubs to turn. The hubs are most likely fine

That's what I told him. Probably just messed up the bearings.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

The threads stripped out of the hubs. When I backed out the wheel studs, the ends which were deformed from locking against the axle rings, took the threads with them. Stealership is claiming I bent the rotors and possibly the spindle as well. They were over $7k on the repair and just kept climbing.
    91' NSX Turbo 700whp/550tq
    03' RS6 550ish bhp/tq
    09' R8 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by na1mt View Post
    The threads stripped out of the hubs. When I backed out the wheel studs, the ends which were deformed from locking against the axle rings, took the threads with them. Stealership is claiming I bent the rotors and possibly the spindle as well. They were over $7k on the repair and just kept climbing.
    I seen this happen with one person, did the same thing, they just needed the hubs and bearings not the entire spindle. The rotors and spindles are solid steel very very rare chance they are bent.