Thread: Tire time again and maybe rims

Tire time again and maybe rims

Which Summer Performance Michelins do you all recommend? And as for rims- 18" - I saw some OE replica by Hartmann 9-spoke look just like the original rims - what are the thoughts?

Pilot super sports, of course!
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Summer tires?

No question, hands down, Michelin Pilot Super Sports. You're not going to find a better-performing tire for less than 3x the price.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Had PS2's twice and Super Sports as well as PS3''s all good - liked the 2's the best as they were softer but none of them last and they break apart within a year or so and can be noisy after 10,000 miles.

Any other high end tire to consider? Appreciated!

Pilot Super Sports.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

What they said, if PSS's ever come off of intergalactic backorder.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

PSS and then RE11's in that order.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Currently ECStuning.com is selling Audi RS 6 OEM rims on limited sale for $425. each. That is below wholesale price!

Interesting how most seem to go straight to the PS2/3's... I find my Good Year F1's do everything I need and are generall 120 less per tire... If I were tracking my car I would experiment a little more.... but I don't so I'll keep my 480 for buying Blizzak's in the spring when they go on sale.

Are some of those Goodyears made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by fbatwork View Post
    Interesting how most seem to go straight to the PS2/3's... I find my Good Year F1's do everything I need and are generall 120 less per tire... If I were tracking my car I would experiment a little more.... but I don't so I'll keep my 480 for buying Blizzak's in the spring when they go on sale.

I'll have to check when I get home... I know all of the large manufactures have plants in China but from what I have read the QC process and equipment is the same and they still get tested to the same standards. Either way, for me personally, I have never had a failure and I don't track my car so the odd time I am at 85% - 90% of cornering limits they perform for me.

Made in Germany.