Thread: Threw my first CEL after one year of ownership

Threw my first CEL after one year of ownership

Guess it had to happen eventually... Symptoms included slightly elevated idle, strange brake feel and of course CEL. On top of that found oil drops on garage floor. Took it to my Indy and after scanning showed lean codes..pointing to vacuum leak

Basically he found the following:
    Suction Jet Pump falling apart
    Oil valley pan gasket leak
    Knock sensor wires/connectors coming apart..(haven't heard of this happening before)

Hoping these will will be covered under my Fidelity Platinum Warranty.

Additionally....

Front lower control arms are going
    Squeaky tensioner (serpentine belt)
    Need new trunk struts..have to arm wrestle the trunk lid every time
    Condensation in driver side headlight

Car is in the shop awaiting warranty approval.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Welcome! Sounds like wear and tear...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Warranty_ that sounds very nice! LOL....I'm well out of my warrantee.....
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

I've got some good trunk struts if you're interested...
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Fidelity Platinum Warranty has proven to be one of the most reasonable third party warranty providers and is usually very good and fair with providing coverage as contracted. Good luck & keep us posted on how you make out
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    Fidelity Platinum Warranty has proven to be one of the most reasonable third party warranty providers and is usually very good and fair with providing coverage as contracted. Good luck & keep us posted on how you make out
    Agreed...they have been good so far...will keep you posted.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    I've got some good trunk struts if you're interested...
    Thanks....if warranty does not cover it I will let you know.

Anyone have their knock sensors fall apart? Warranty company will not cover. Is it worth trying to "convince" them to cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Anyone have their knock sensors fall apart? Warranty company will not cover. Is it worth trying to "convince" them to cover?
    No but it is funny they would cover the suction jet pump issue, which is a wear over time item (which I had fail on RS6 #1), and not the knock sensors.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

One of my knock sensor plugs disintegrated while I was taking everything off my engine. I wouldn't fight them over the $30 dollar part, just give it to the tech and ask them to install it. The pump is a wear item, pumps wear out. The plug is not a wear item, they just become brittle.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    One of my knock sensor plugs disintegrated while I was taking everything off my engine. I wouldn't fight them over the $30 dollar part, just give it to the tech and ask them to install it. The pump is a wear item, pumps wear out. The plug is not a wear item, they just become brittle.
    Tech will charge me full price $118 per sensor. Do you have part numbers? OEM listed on ecstuning for $114, so I guess he is close enough.

054 905 377A $22 for bosch on worldpac
    Last edited by mdegracia; January 21st, 2016 at 21:21.
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Quote Originally Posted by mdegracia View Post
    054 905 377A $22 for bosch on worldpac
    Yes ECS has the generic one for $22 as well...but I wouldn't want to put that in my car

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Yes ECS has the generic one for $22 as well...but I wouldn't want to put that in my car
    Bosch is the oe manufacturer.
    03 RS6 Daytona Grey - EFI Express - 01e - SRM K24 - Aquamist - 495whp/580ft-lbs

Quote Originally Posted by mdegracia View Post
    Bosch is the oe manufacturer.
    Thanks will check it out...good price for Bosch

EDIT - Not coming up on Worldpac

Update - Warranty company is not going to cover knock sensors and they are also not covering the full valley seal job. They are covering control arms and trunk struts though along with 60% of valley seal job (suction jet pump is part of it). Serpentine belt tensioner along with idler pulley also not covered.

Unfortunately my tech also found a fuel line leak at the rail due to corrosion which apparently is not going to be covered. Have you guys had issues with fuel line in engine bay? My car only has 63k miles but it is the age I guess.