Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Audi RS6 Part Out

2003 Audi RS6 Part Out

As I posted in the RS6/S6/RS7/S7/S8 section of the forum, my RS6 was involved in an accident during our recent snow here in SW WA and has been declared a total loss by the insurance company. Total damage wasn't that extensive, but body parts are expensive enough that the costs added up too quickly. Anyway, here are some photos of the car after the accident.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160106_123642.jpg 
Views:	431 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	16990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160106_123652.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	16991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160106_123710.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	16992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160106_123720.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	16993Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160106_123723.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	16994

There was no damage done to the engine or frame, and the car still runs and drives, although the front end alignment is off a bit. The driver side front wheel took a hard hit and the control arms bent a bit.

Damaged parts are as follows: front bumper skin, front right fender, front right fender support, engine undertray, both intercooler shrouds (probably repairable, but cracked in a few places), driver side under-door molding (a fairly minor crack), driver side sway bar mount attachment point (part of the sub frame), front driver side control arms, front driver side wheel and tire (the photos show the spare on the passenger side, that's because I swapped the passenger side wheel to the driver side since the spare cleared the bent fender better than the full size tire), rear bumper skin (got a small hole as shown in the second pic), right rear taillight (cracked the lens), passenger side lower intercooler hose, passenger side lower intercooler bracket, and the lower mounting brackets on both headlights. Surprisingly the headlight housings, lenses, bulbs, and ballasts on both sides are still intact and functioning.

Background on the car: it's ebony black pearl, with the white interior and carbon fiber trim. It has 138000 miles on it. All suggested maintenance has been performed at the intervals set by Audi, and I have records for pretty much everything I've ever put into it. I've always used 505.01 oil and changed it exactly at the recommended intervals. For the last few changes I've used BND's oil, and ACES IV as well. I converted it to a 6-speed manual a year ago, at about 120000 miles. I have a detailed spreadsheet showing all of the parts I used for the conversion (more on this later). Other upgrades/changes from factory are: LED tail lights; Wagner intercoolers, shrouds, and grilles; Venair hoses; SAI deleted; aux radiators deleted; custom remote oil filter housing installed in place of the SAI pump; STE PPD gauge unit (integrates with instrument display to show boost pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, speed, intake temp, and other parameter); custom straight pipes from cats to tips; gutted precats; rebuilt turbos with Midwest Turbo Connection internals (same time as 6 speed conversion); wrapped turbos and downpipes; secondary O2 delete; Bufkin coolant pipe; JHM solid short throw shifter; AMD tuned ECU; and probably some others that I'm not remembering.

Specific to the 6-speed conversion, I used a fully rebuilt and upgraded European TDI 01E transmission (code DQT) with the taller 6th gear and stronger 1st and 2nd gears. I also used a high-bias 4:1 center differential in place of the standard 3:1 diff. The transmission was purchased from Scott at Advanced Automotion. At the same time, I purchased the heavy duty 01E front axles, that use the same GKN tripod inner joint as the stock RS6 axles, instead of the CV joint like the A6 uses. I used Steve Kendrish's adapter kit, including the adapter ring, starter, and flywheel. For a clutch I went with AMD's stage 3. I used a stock A6 driveline, stock A6 shift linkages, and JHM's solid short throw shifter. I also purchased a steel clutch slave cylinder, SS braided clutch line, and a new genuine Audi master cylinder. I used the pedal, switches, and pedal pivot pin from an A6. I then got it dyno tuned at AMD, using their 6-speed specific tune. This allowed me to stay with the stock RS6 ABS module and made everything work as if it were a 6-speed from day one. No codes and no driveability issues.

With that said, I'm looking to part out the whole car. Let me know what you need. I'd prefer local sales for the major items, since shipping can be a hassle, not to mention expensive. Hopefully someone nearby is looking to do a 6-speed conversion. As far as the engine goes, I'd like to sell it complete, with headers, turbos, intake, wiring, ECU, etc, but if someone wants a certain part let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I also still have some stock parts leftover from before I did the conversion. I have the original transmission, driveshaft, and front axles. I have the full SE exhaust from cats to tips. I have the original intercoolers and hoses. I have the stock tail lights and floor mats, along with Audi all-weather floor mats and some of the recent group buy "RS6" logo carpet floor mats. And probably some other parts that aren't coming to mind right now.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

ygm sir.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Talking

How much for the aluminum window trim? PM please

You have PM.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

To clarify, P1054, you have a message in your inbox regarding the wrecked car.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Sent you PM as well
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I'm getting a lot of PM's, and I'm doing my best to respond, but it may take me a bit. If the part you're looking for is not available, I'll probably respond right away. Otherwise, I have to make sure no one else already requested it, make sure it's in good condition, and come up with a price.

Also, I wanted to add that I have most of the small "extra" items that came with the car, including the owner's manual, spare tire, spare tire pump, complete tool kit, and orange reflector triangle. If anyone is missing any of these, shoot me a PM.

Edit: forgot to say that I also have a set of brand new "Frozen" OEM front brake rotors still in their boxes, and a set of EBC Yellow brake pads to go with them. To clarify, these are genuine Audi rotors that were purchase by FrozenRotors and cryogenically treated to last longer. You can read up on them at FrozenRotors.com if you're interested.

And I've got some BND oil (about 5 quarts) specifically designed for the RS6.
    Last edited by P1054; January 17th, 2016 at 05:40. Reason: Additional items
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Wow that's so sad. Dammit we lost another one
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

One more note: I'm looking to sell the carbon fiber trim as a complete kit. The one catch is that the shifter surround piece has been modified for a manual shifter. So if anyone has a wood trim car they'd like to switch to carbon, and has or is looking into a manual conversion, let me know.

I've had several requests for one piece or another, and I may consider that if no one expresses interest in the whole kit, but for now I'm not going to piecemeal the carbon fiber trim.

Front engine cover cleco clips / hold-downs?
    EGT Sensors?
    Spare tire pump?
    Stock wheels (w/tires if they're not too trashed)? I know someone here is looking for 1, if I could get the other 1 or 2, would be good.
    3rd eye brake light assembly?

There may be more, just like having replacements and spares on hand.

If you could PM with price / shipping to 20164, please?

Thanks
    O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

O_E, you have a PM.

-Pm sent

My goodness dude, that SUCKS! Can't buy it back from insurance and rebuild it on the cheap, make it a bonkers highway or track car?
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

The following items are sold pending payment/pickup:
    SE exhaust
    New front brake rotors and pads
    Used rear brake rotors
    Cup holder(s)
    Auto trans
    Front upper and lower mesh grilles
    Trim piece under driver side headlight
    Venair hoses
    Plastic coolant reservoir cover

Turbowned - I did buy it back, and believe me I considered that option along with pretty much every other option I could think of, but in the end I decided it just wouldn't be worth it for me. Hopefully this way I can help others keep their cars in tip-top shape.

PM sent!
    2003 RS6, 105K miles, Daytona Grey Pearl Effect

I hear ya. I wish, wish, WISH I could afford the gearbox setup... I'd inquire about the ivory interior if you were on the same coast as me.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

PM sent.